p2006 unknown code

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p2006 unknown code

my engine got wet from the top and its causing missfire probs for cylinder 8 and random missfire as well it also threw p2006 unknown it says, what does this mean and did the water cause it and once i change the cops and plugs should it go away

thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by king ranch
my engine got wet from the top and its causing missfire probs for cylinder 8 and random missfire as well it also threw p2006 unknown it says, what does this mean and did the water cause it and once i change the cops and plugs should it go away

thanks
KR- Why don't you first try taking the cop's off 1 by 1 and drying the hole and the boot out good with compressed air, then using plenty of dialectric grease on the boots when you put them back on. You may luck out and it will be OK. If it is the dialectric grease will keep the water out the next time. If your not so lucky the arcing may have wiped out a cop. If it did, since it's a '01, I would suggest you consider getting the Globel cop's online for less than $100. for the set and replace them all. Whether you luck out with yours or replace them, use the dialectric grease liberally on the boots so that they don't arc inside and so that water doesn't get past the cop. If you try and drive it to dry it out, it likely won't be successful and will cause arcing that WILL destroy the cop's if they aren't already. Good Luck!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi king ranch

Had the P2006 code too that means that intake valves on bank 2 stay closed.

I changed the CMCV that is between the intake manifold and the firewall.

This was a 2 hours job and solved my problem.

BAST.

Quick Reply: p2006 unknown code