5.4l v8 problems!!!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 5.4l v8 problems!!!!! Help!!!

hey,

I have 99 f150 4x4 and i was driving and the tach jumped to 3 grand so i left off and then i touched the gas again and it went to 4 grand then dropped to 1000 rpms and then i pulled over and the truck started running rough. It first sounded like the tranny like seized up or caught and froze so it wouldnt move. But then i looked and it and it wasnt the tranny that turned over fine. So i tried starting it and it just turns over like it has no compreshion and no spark idk it sounds like somehting is broke internally in the motor it just turns over and nothing there not even a fire. I am going to start riping it apart today pull the front cover off and go from there maybe the timing chain or somehting happened. I dont have the slightest idea what could of happened .
So if you have any ideas or suggestions on what i should do let me know otherwise the way it is looking the motor is going to be ripped down then taking out and sent back to promar.(the people who built it) But i rly dont wanna have to do that so anything helps

Thanks guys

Dave

Old 11-01-2008, 02:39 PM
hey,

the flywheel turns with the starter like its spose to but the engine doesnt turn over at all. The harmonic balencer does not turn. So does this only mean that it is the crankshaft that is broke??? or what else could it possibly be?????

dave

Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by 99F150white
hey,

the flywheel turns with the starter like its spose to but the engine doesnt turn over at all. The harmonic balencer does not turn. So does this only mean that it is the crankshaft that is broke??? or what else could it possibly be?????

dave
i'd say you have either a broken flywheel or broken crankshaft. how many miles on the truck? is there a noise at the front of the tranny when you crank it? if not, its the crankshaft.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 AM
well i ripped into it saturday and 5 hrs later with the motor being ready to be pulled i dropped the tranny and i found out the flywheel broke and riped a complete cirlce around the bolts

So gta pick one up today and put er back on thanks
ttul
dave

Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Better the flywheel than the crank..... WHEW !!!

Quick Reply: 5.4l v8 problems!!!!! Help!!!