Oil under front left wheel well HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil under front left wheel well HELP

I have never had any problems with my truck leaking anything and now all the sudden i have three at the same time. first my rear diff is leaking but i got it fixed (by aamco who sucks!) and have to take it back cause it still leaking.
second is when i am parked on an unlevel surface it leaks a small amount af transmission fluid that drips off the pan. i had the pan gasket changed by someone else but it is still leaking a little. does anyone know what this can be?
Third i woke up today and there was oil inside the left front wheel well. it goes all the way around covering the whole thing. Im pretty sure it is coming from the oil filter but i dont know why it just started. any ideas?

sorry that was alot any help would be great! Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is the oil filter, tighten it. Sometimes you can resnug the tranny bolts...just don't over tighten them and use a criss-cross sequence. Same with your diff. If you had a garage do it....bring it back to them. I would degrease and or steam clean the engine. Put a clean piece of cardboard underneath at night. In the morning you'll see what type fluid and generally where the leaks are. All of these are fixes you can do yourself....get a shop manual and have some fun and save some bucks

Quick Reply: Oil under front left wheel well HELP