2005 Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Fuel Injectors

Well here it is. I changed the spark plugs, the IWE solenoid so the only thing left on this truck that bothers me is the injectors. (They've been known to be bad on the 2005's) Anyway off to work one day and the engine light comes on and the truck is running like S**T. Sputtering the whole way and pumping out tons of smoke. I figured it would be an injector an they are covered under an extended warranty period to all from Ford because of their problems. (11 years or 194 000). Ford will only replace the injector that is bad under the warranty. Anyway I found out that when Ford has a problem with a particular part they price it very CHEAP! Thats why my IWE was only $20.00. They told me that the injectors for this truck were only $25.00 each! They will probably do other years as well. Anyway I fugured since I spent about that much on the plugs that I may as well change all the injectors at the same time for only a small additional labour charge. (They have to remove the rail anyway to change one - they may as well change them all)
The bummer was that when the injector stuck open it caused the coil to go, the oxygen sensor to go and it destroyed the catalytic converter - and not to mention I killed a quarter tank of gas during a 10-15 minute trip to the repair shop.
Ford did cover the catalytic under warranty but still nailed me around $1000.00 to do all the rest of the repairs.
Anyway I tell you guys this:
CHANGE ALL YOUR INJECTORS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. FOR $200.00 IT'S WELL WORTH IT. I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS SOONER AND THAT'S WHY I AM POSTING THIS!!!
Paul,
'05 Supercrew

Quick Reply: 2005 Fuel Injectors