P2006 Error Code Help NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P2006 Error Code Help NEEDED

I recently had my plugs changed and they had to rip off the head to get the electrodes out. All was well so I thought.

After setting my Edge to Level 3, I noticed that my truck falls on its face after gunning it and the RPMs climb above 4k. I looked for codes in the Edge and P2006 popped up.

Evidently, when in the stuck closed position you lose a lot of HP in the top end when it is stuck shut. It is supposed to open up when called for. But this had never happened before with the truck. So I will probably have to take it back to the shop for repairs.

Does anyone know where I should start looking? I hear a tube in the back is not on to operate the solenoid properly to look for something around the TB assembly. If anyone knows where to go with this please do tell. I will say there is probably nothing in my Haynes repair book about it.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
I recently had my plugs changed and they had to rip off the head to get the electrodes out. All was well so I thought.

After setting my Edge to Level 3, I noticed that my truck falls on its face after gunning it and the RPMs climb above 4k. I looked for codes in the Edge and P2006 popped up.

Evidently, when in the stuck closed position you lose a lot of HP in the top end when it is stuck shut. It is supposed to open up when called for. But this had never happened before with the truck. So I will probably have to take it back to the shop for repairs.

Does anyone know where I should start looking? I hear a tube in the back is not on to operate the solenoid properly to look for something around the TB assembly. If anyone knows where to go with this please do tell. I will say there is probably nothing in my Haynes repair book about it.

Ok, so maybe I'm not understanding what you explaining. What's "in the stuck closed position"? What "opens up when called for"?

More info would be much more helpful As for your code, this is what I found with a simple SEARCH.

DTC #P2006

• The PCM monitors the mass air amount. If the actual air flow amount is below the estimated air flow amount when the following monitoring conditions are met. The PCM determines that the variable tumble control is stuck closed.
MONITORING CONDITION

- Engine coolant temperature is 70 °C {158 °F} or more.
- Throttle valve opening angle is more than 75 %.
- Engine speed is 4,500 rpm or more. (ZJ)
- Engine speed is 3,500 rpm or more. (Z6)

Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM).
• The MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition in two consecutive drive cycles or in one drive cycle while the DTC for the same malfunction has been stored in the PCM.
• PENDING CODE is available if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition during the first drive cycle.
• FREEZE FRAME DATA is available.
• The DTC is stored in the PCM memory.

POSSIBLE CAUSE:
• MAF sensor malfunction
• Excessive air suction of intake-air system (from MAF sensor onward)
• Improper intake-air system hose routing
• Variable tumble shutter valve stuck closed
• PCM malfunction

Old 07-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I apologize for the confusion. I wrote that right before I went to bed.

I grabbed the Haynes book and the book states that I do not have an Intake Manifold Runner Control actuator or valve. It says the IMT system is only on the 2004 and 2005 models with the 4.6L V8. Now mine is a 2006 model and is a 5.4L.

I will spray off the MAF sensor again.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi had the same problem after changing coils and sparkplugs.

I changed the CMCV in the back of the intake manifold and preoblem is solved.....

that cost me $50 + 2h30 work.

Hope i could help you.

BAST.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Cmcv?

Originally Posted by bast0325
Hi had the same problem after changing coils and sparkplugs.

I changed the CMCV in the back of the intake manifold and preoblem is solved.....

that cost me $50 + 2h30 work.

Hope i could help you.

BAST.
Do i need to buy any extra parts to change the CMCV? Is it pretty easy? I got codes p2004 and p2006. IMRC stuck closed and stuck open. also after the plugs were changed? Do you think it is going to be the CMCV? or the IMRC? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks \

Dave

Old 07-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Cmcv

Hi,it's a pretty easy job to do it yourself and will take you about 2h30.Changing the CMCV didn't solved all my problems,after changing the coils and sparkplugs,the problem was still there.I found out that there was an air leak at intake manifold passenger side,changed the gaskets ,problem solved.Give me your email address and i'll send you pics changing the CMCV.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Ok. David.lau77@yahoo.com. I appreciate it. What all parts will I need? I know the two intake manifold gaskets. Just want to be prepared before I start. Maybe I will video the job too

Quick Reply: P2006 Error Code Help NEEDED