Accel Coil Packs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
We are running a special on the DG508 Motorcraft COP. I have a list on the website of everything they fit. They fit most of the 4.6 engines and some of the 5.4s. Check them out www.TascaParts.com
Not for nothing, but why do retailers sell these for so much more than the sellers on ebay?? Tasca's price including shipping is about $400 for 8 COP's.. I got mine from global for about $100 for 8 to my door. They run great - so what's the difference, if any? How could the retailers be selling theirs at 300% markup? Sorry to bust your bubble Tasca - I'm sure you have great deals on other products for our trucks.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor
Are the ones from global motorcraft? Because at $40.00 I am selling them $1.66 below my cost.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
Are the ones from global motorcraft? Because at $40.00 I am selling them $1.66 below my cost.
Yes, there DG 508's (DG 491 compatible). They have the burnt stamp on the bottom of the housing (like the Motorcrafts). The difference is that there not painted on the tops. They are clear and without the Motorcraft insignia. They also don't have the name "Motorcraft" @ the top.

I could be wrong but, personally I think they originate from the same supplier. A few cosmetic processes are skipped.

Global Automotive coils have the best track record hands down as far as reliability. That's because more people opt for those over the Motorcrafts because of price at the dealerships. Dealerships at one time use to charge $90per Motorcraft coil (that's for just one). Motorcrafts are just as good or maybe even better than Globals if they are indeed made elsewhere. With the track record Global has now as far as COP systems, you can't knock it. Great price and they just work.

NYTrader - TascaFordParts prolly gets his coils from the same suppliers most other 3rd party parts stores do. There just about all in that ballpark as far as price. I seriously doubt they mark up coils astronomically. Kevin @ Global got lucky is my guess and found a good supplier. - Great coils that's for sure

Old 06-07-2008, 11:59 PM
My friend installed the Granatelli Pro Series 60,000 volt coils on his 5.4 liter last weekend and it is running great. He told me that he got them direct from Granatelli for $300 for all 8.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Global Automotive coils have the best track record hands down as far as reliability.

With the track record Global has now as far as COP systems, you can't knock it. Great price and they just work.
Based on what I had read on this and another F-150 forum, I bought a set of them and put them on one of my trucks this morning because I had been having the dreaded "miss under slight load" problem. Filled them full of Permatex dielectric grease, stuck them on there and they work like a champ.

Thanks again for the good advice.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Is there a way to test the COP's to see if they are still good or is this something that has to be done on a scan tool at the stealership?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
FordsRock98 ~ Unfortunately there's not really a way to test these COP's unless you have a damn good scanner w/mode 6 = Cylinder History.

You CAN test Primary and Secondary, but usually a coil fails "low grade" ( you feel this @ about 45 mph after the shift into OD).

Without a CEL pointing you in the right direction, you can pull your hair out trying to find the bad one.

Two choices - Have the dealership/mechanic find it thru a WDS/ good scanner or just replace them all which is relatively the same price. It's cheaper in most cases to replace all yourself than just one at the dealership most of the time.

Quick Reply: Accel Coil Packs