Part Number Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part Number Question

Ok i've used the search and have come up with two different part numbers for my 04' 5.4 3v spark plugs

PZT1FF4 & PZT2FE Which one do i need and anyone aware of what they might cost?

thanks!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by acf6401
Ok i've used the search and have come up with two different part numbers for my 04' 5.4 3v spark plugs

PZT1FF4 & PZT2FE Which one do i need and anyone aware of what they might cost?

thanks!
The one you need is whatever the lastest updated part # is, but make sure you use MOTORCRAFT only, you'll thank yourself later. Any dealer or parts store that sells Motorcraft can tell you which one is the latest one for your application and how much. I don't personally keep up with the ever changing world of Ford spark plug updates and part #'s (and there are many for some vehicles). They aren't cheap though, so don't be supprised when you get the price. Shop around if you think it is to high.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 AM
The latest part number is PZT-14F, straight from the Ford shop manuals. I don't really know of a good place to buy, I get mine at cost Maybe someone else???

Any dealer or parts store that sells Motorcraft can tell you which one is the latest one for your application and how much. I don't personally keep up with the ever changing world of Ford spark plug updates and part #'s
Maybe....our parts department catalogs still show the old numbers, they are not updated yet, so if you were to walk up to the counter you need to ask for the PZT-14F (Motorcraft part number is SP-507) All of our online shop manuals reflect the PZT-14F, and as per a conversation with the Ford engineers we have been told to use the 14's. Even Motorcrafts online site does not how the right plug, at least not the last time I checked.

Last edited by FordTech1; 03-28-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys...i'll call the dealership today. Now....if only I could find someone in the Houston area who would rent out the removal tool!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by FordTech1
The latest part number is PZT-14F, straight from the Ford shop manuals. I don't really know of a good place to buy, I get mine at cost Maybe someone else???

Maybe....our parts department catalogs still show the old numbers, they are not updated yet, so if you were to walk up to the counter you need to ask for the PZT-14F (Motorcraft part number is SP-507) All of our online shop manuals reflect the PZT-14F, and as per a conversation with the Ford engineers we have been told to use the 14's. Even Motorcrafts online site does not how the right plug, at least not the last time I checked.
Go figure, but that is not to surprising, knowing engineers. Oh well.

Quick Reply: Part Number Question