gas tank?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question gas tank?

my stock gas tank on my 97 F-150 6Ft bed has a dent with a small leak in it. i was wonder if i could get a gas tank to go were my spare tire is? or if i could get one to go in my bed and have the gas lines run up there? any help would be great! im trying to keep it under 500 bucks. if i cant get one like that ill just go to the junk yard and look for a wrecked f-150

Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
relocating it to the bed (unless you have a hard locking tonneau cover) may hurt you in the long run. with todays gas prices and a easily accesable gas tank in your bed your are inviting someone to steal your gas. a straight out tank replacement isnt that bad if you get a good one from the boneyard. but since you have the tank out may be a good time to replace some stuff depending on your mileage. it wont cost you much more for labor and it is better than having to drop the tank again later to replace the parts.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
ya im prob going to replace the pump since the pump is in the tank it self while its out. what about relocateing it to were like bronco gas tanks are...were my spare tire is. one of the big reasons i want to move it somewere else is so i can do my true duel exhuast alot easyer. i could have a gas cap that locks on the one in my bed if i got one of those.

Quick Reply: gas tank?