rear wheel power

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear wheel power

i have a 01 5.4 supercrew 2wd with 3.55's, right now i have an edge and a zerotek CAI, i am looking into getting e fans, pulleys and magnaflow exhaust all products from troyer e fans supposly give you 15-20rwhp and pulleys give you 10-15rwhp and the exhaust gives 18-21fly wheel hp so what would the rwhp be from the exhaust, also with all 3 of these what would i gain in torque at the rear wheels, i am looking for upgrades that will give me alot of torque so i can jump from 0-60 really quick bascially just your everyday driving and everynow and then racing someone at a stop light want to show them that a big truck can be fast so has anyone actually noticed much power from those 3 upgrades i want to actually be able to tell the difference

also are headers worth the money what will i gain in hp and tq at rear wheels

i am looking to gain hp and tq from the 3 i mentioned i am trying to gain much power as possible from doing these mods and not go all out for a supercharger i am just looking for a lil more get up and go i cant even powerbrake and burn out only for bout 15 ft on a good day
thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by king ranch
i have a 01 5.4 supercrew 2wd with 3.55's, right now i have an edge and a zerotek CAI, i am looking into getting e fans, pulleys and magnaflow exhaust all products from troyer e fans supposly give you 15-20rwhp and pulleys give you 10-15rwhp and the exhaust gives 18-21fly wheel hp so what would the rwhp be from the exhaust, also with all 3 of these what would i gain in torque at the rear wheels, i am looking for upgrades that will give me alot of torque so i can jump from 0-60 really quick bascially just your everyday driving and everynow and then racing someone at a stop light want to show them that a big truck can be fast so has anyone actually noticed much power from those 3 upgrades i want to actually be able to tell the difference

also are headers worth the money what will i gain in hp and tq at rear wheels

i am looking to gain hp and tq from the 3 i mentioned i am trying to gain much power as possible from doing these mods and not go all out for a supercharger i am just looking for a lil more get up and go i cant even powerbrake and burn out only for bout 15 ft on a good day
thanks
If you believe everything you read you would be adding about 50 RWHP with thous mods! You will be lucky to pic up 20 to 25!!!!!
Don't be fooled by sales pitches!!!

Phil

Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
All that stuff is good of course and will help considerably - The best bang for the buck would be to move to 4.10 gearing. Its like night and day compared to the 3.55's..

If your truck has the 9.75 Sterling - Even better as far as torque!!

Last edited by jbrew; 10-28-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
ok thanks bc i am happy with the edge and cai power i got but i am left wanting more but dont want to throw out 5k for a s/c so with headers, exhaust, e fans , and pulleys i am looking at 25rwhp max and 35tq at the wheels max you are saying what will the bigger gears do for my acceleration

Old 10-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by king ranch
ok thanks bc i am happy with the edge and cai power i got but i am left wanting more but dont want to throw out 5k for a s/c so with headers, exhaust, e fans , and pulleys i am looking at 25rwhp max and 35tq at the wheels max you are saying what will the bigger gears do for my acceleration
If you add long tube headers and high flow cats you can add another 30 RWHP to the 20 or 25.( I forgot about the headers,lol)
I put 4.10s in my truck and it was a great improvement over the 3.55s!
Good luck with it and keep it between the ditches!!

Phil

Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Also if you plan on adding all of the bolt ons you may need a custom tune and 24lb injectors. The stock injectors are good for about 300-310 flywheel HP.

Quick Reply: rear wheel power