hpw do I....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hpw do I....

What is an easy way to find out if, and wich cilinder isnt firing? i washed under my hood recently and now i have lost power and my A/F guage go crazy under normal acccerlation (sp?) I also updated my edge to correct the tirs size issue, altho i dont think that is my problem, because i uninstalled it and it did the same. also if you didnt know i have a 2001 f150 with the 4.6 mods in sig. if you need to know anything elce just ask. Thx

Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I just did the same thing to my truck. Had a bad misfire. I have been told by several mechanics that because of the position of these plugs water will get down in there and cause exactly what happened. You need to buy an OBD II reader in order to find which cyl. I just bought mine @ Harbor Freight for 60.00 on sale worked fine. Pulled all my COP's used Die-electric grease inside the boot to keep out moisture and at the electrical connection all is good now and with my reader I was able to turn of the check engine light by clearing the trouble code.

Let us know if this works for U.

BTW you need to blow out the boots and plug holes before putting it back together.

Last edited by shifthappy6; 10-24-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 PM
the edge has the cel reader but i have no cel thats why im confused.

Also i went out to get a vid so you all could see and hear it but i didnt do it 20 mins of driveing. im gonna keep the camera in the truck so i will catch it and post the vid

Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If it idles rough pull the COP connectors one at a time and then reconnect . When you get to the one that is missing the idle will not change.

JMC

Old 10-25-2007, 01:12 PM
they way i did it was to pull the one wire at a time off the coil pack and if it got worse i put it back on and if it stayed the same...thats your prob. after i wash my engine i take off the wire on top of the plug and plug the chamber out with air to get all the water out. good luck!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
its gonna be 3 or 4 almost always is

Quick Reply: hpw do I....