07 4.6 Screw needs someting more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 4.6 Screw needs someting more.

So I went out an bought a brand new Screw. 4.6 and I have this buddy with a 5.3 Gay Mans Chevy Crew that keeps talking crap. His truck has went a 15.3 at 80 somethng. I dont think my truck can keep up, I havent raced him yet cause I dont even have 1000 miles yet. I was thinking about a supercharger, but I cannot find a company that makes one for my application. Theyre all for the 5.4 trucks.
Does anyone know what my truck will run stock? I will probably run it next Wed. if I can make time.
So what options do I have?
I am thinking about pacesetter headers, K&N FIPK, Diablo Sport tuner, Magnaflow cat back for now. What kind of power should this give me?

Motorswaps: Will a 2V 5.4 work in the truck with the same wiring harness? What about a Lightning motor?

Electric fans: This will free up horsepower. Im guessing 2 16" fans with controllers. How much HP?

Mustang parts: would a KB for a 2V mustang work on this truck since it is basically the same motor? Mustang cams?

I think my first mods are going to be tuner, FIPK, Billet grilles, and 4/6 drop.

I have prior Ford experience with a 95 explorer, 98 Mazda B4000, and 00 GT mustang that ran low 13's with boltons. I just cant find anything on these 4.6 trucks.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM
You truck is geared more toward towing than anything else. Your truck is not designed as a racing truck.

Last edited by Ilovemyford; 09-19-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Trucks are for work AND PLAY! i love towing and off-roading and thats what i use my truck for (4x4)! but, I see plenty of people dropping these f150's, putting some mods and running them at our local 1/4 strip (Sears Point... or Infineon...). these little 4.6 motors can haul *****! And i have heard plenty of em beating the big ole Ford 5.4 3v. Looks around, get a custom tuner, get a CAI kit, and a new exhaust set-up. Lowering will help in aerodynamics, and yes the e-fan will help. The actual number are beyond me right now, but your own butt dyno will feel it! Also, i have been looking for a nice Supercharger kit for our engine, and can't find one. I e-mailed Troyer and they haven't replied. So, if you do come across a company making a S/C kit for us, please re-post and let us all know! Good luck with the new pick-up man and trust me, your truck can beat ANY chevy ( as soon as you get some mods on that beast) Here's one members story:
everyone bags on the 4.6... tonight again was one of the multiple times i've handed a 5.4 his *** on a tray... this time was an 07' w/ a maggie cat back, and an airFORCEone, or so he says... two consecutive runs, down the industrial street by my pad, just under 1/4 mi. perfectly level... his launch is quicker, till about 30mph he's got me by 1/2 a length, from there on, it was just pull away, pull and more... by the end of each run, i had at least a length and a half... this is not the first 5.4 i've spanked...
i love the 4.6... just wish someone would make a decent set of headers for the ****in thing...
His mods:
edge tuner, cheap *** glasspack, airmax intake w/k&n, helix power tower,ground force kit(-2"front -5"rear), motoBLUE coil on plug set, granatelli hardcore connectors, troyer dual 16"s, yukon posi
w/ 4.30's
His name:
seidita84t
Here's to a fellow 4.6:
keep it up man!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Trucks are for work AND PLAY! i love towing and off-roading and thats what i use my truck for (4x4)! but, I see plenty of people dropping these f150's, putting some mods and running them at our local 1/4 strip (Sears Point... or Infineon...). these little 4.6 motors can haul *****! And i have heard plenty of em beating the big ole Ford 5.4 3v. Looks around, get a custom tuner, get a CAI kit, and a new exhaust set-up. Lowering will help in aerodynamics, and yes the e-fan will help. The actual number are beyond me right now, but your own butt dyno will feel it! Also, i have been looking for a nice Supercharger kit for our engine, and can't find one. I e-mailed Troyer and they haven't replied. So, if you do come across a company making a S/C kit for us, please re-post and let us all know! Good luck with the new pick-up man and trust me, your truck can beat ANY chevy ( as soon as you get some mods on that beast) Here's one members story:
everyone bags on the 4.6... tonight again was one of the multiple times i've handed a 5.4 his *** on a tray... this time was an 07' w/ a maggie cat back, and an airFORCEone, or so he says... two consecutive runs, down the industrial street by my pad, just under 1/4 mi. perfectly level... his launch is quicker, till about 30mph he's got me by 1/2 a length, from there on, it was just pull away, pull and more... by the end of each run, i had at least a length and a half... this is not the first 5.4 i've spanked...
i love the 4.6... just wish someone would make a decent set of headers for the ****in thing...
His mods:
edge tuner, cheap *** glasspack, airmax intake w/k&n, helix power tower,ground force kit(-2"front -5"rear), motoBLUE coil on plug set, granatelli hardcore connectors, troyer dual 16"s, yukon posi
w/ 4.30's
His name:
seidita84t
Here's to a fellow 4.6:
keep it up man!

i thought they made long tubes for the new 4.6's?? ive seen em before ill have to go look

Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ilovemyford
You truck is geared more toward towing than anything else. Your truck is not designed as a racing truck.

yeh the 4l60E 4l65E transmission has a closer gear ratio because most of the engines power is on the top end and not really for towing. so they are faster out of the box

Old 09-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Faster150... any word on the long tubes??

Quick Reply: 07 4.6 Screw needs someting more.