vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibration

When letting off the gas I get a slight vibration through the drivetrain.I do not feel it thru the steering wheel. Anyone have ideas as to where to start loojing for the problem. Also believe tranny fluid is leaking into the transfer cas as about a month ago I opened to plug to check level and it gushed out/possibly the problem is related?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:12 PM
vibration

How,brain dead today as most days it appears.Truck is a 97 f150 4.6 off road pkg,automatic,hope that helps ,thanks in advance

Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by wallygator
When letting off the gas I get a slight vibration through the drivetrain.I do not feel it thru the steering wheel. Anyone have ideas as to where to start loojing for the problem. Also believe tranny fluid is leaking into the transfer cas as about a month ago I opened to plug to check level and it gushed out/possibly the problem is related?
I would check the u-joints.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my 97 has a problem of vibrating around 45-50... is it worse for you at that speed or is it whenever you let off?

yes i have heard of the earlier truck like 97's leaking into x-fer case. the seals are probably bad, but the only problem is i cant find out if its really bad or just a nuisance?

how many miles on that bad boy? im thinkin something like torque converter. usually you can hear u-joints.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 PM
114,000 miles on the truck. Had I retired Ford mechanic tell me to put new u-joints in as well. As thats obviously the least expensive option I'll give it a try tommorrrow

Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
could be TC seal or TC shutter. mine will do it but thats because the computer it trying to lock the converter to use the transbrake it has. and it wont lol so it just shutters. trying to lock itself.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 AM
114,000 miles on the truck. Had I retired Ford mechanic tell me to put new u-joints in as well. As thats obviously the least expensive option I'll give it a try tommorrrow
The reason I say u joints is I've been there done that. You couldn't hear mine until later on when they got real bad, but it started off with vibration, usually when lightly getting back into the throttle. This was on a 69 Camaro though, not my truck.

Quick Reply: vibration