2003 radiator removal question.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 radiator removal question.

OK, so I decided to take my truck mud bogging, and bent the lower part of the radiator and now it leaks. I did the same thing with my 99 Offroad, and had to remove the radiator, with no problems. On my 2003, it has the trans cooler lines coming off the radiator tank on the driver side. I do not remember having to mess with these on my 99. So, my question is, what is the right way to remove the lines from the tank? Just unscrew the 1 1/16" nut that the lines go into, or do the lines just pull out when the black clip is removed? Any info, tips, or links will be appreciated.
Thanks, Brent

Old 04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 01 all I did was unscrew the smaller line (compression type fitting) from the 1 1/16th nut that goes into the radiator. On my 97 the lines were 100% hard lines and a pain to realign and tighten. On my 01 they had a piece of flex (rubber) hose in there that made it much easier to reinstall.

Just remove the lines and take into account the fluid that you will lose, take the two 10mm bolts off the top retaining brackets, disconnect the hoses and pull the rad straight up and out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 radiator removal question.