What can trip a Code P0113?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can trip a Code P0113?

I have been trying to resolve a code issue with my F150. Originally the OBD code read P0171 and P0174 which were related to O2 sensors. I replaced one, but not the other. Now I am getting a P0113, could it be Mass Air Flow Sensor?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you added a cold air intake? How did you decide that a O2 sensor would fix codes P0171 and P0174?

Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I took my truck to Autozone and they said that it could be related to bad 02 sensors. I bought and OBD code reader, plugged it in and p0174 and 171 showed up. Which, going on their word I took to be an o2 sensor. I replaced one one sensor and then my truck spit out the P0113 code, no more problems with 171 and 174. I was told today that it might be a Idle Air Assembly Valve, sound familiar? Truck is due for inspectin in next week or so, just trying to resolve the issue.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
113 is intake air temp sensor.
Did you forget to plug it up or it fell off?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I serviced a '00 XL 4.2 that had the same code. The sensor specs were ok, the wiring was ok, but because the sensor was so cheap to replace I replaced it. The light still didn't go off. Had to take it to the dealer for a reflash.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
O2 sensors will not cause P0171 & P0174 codes. Yet another reason not to ever let the monkeys at AutoZone try to make a diagnosis. You most likely have a vacuum leak. The PCV valve hose elbow is the most common, depending on which engine you have (you didn't specify).

A P0113 code often means you forgot to reconnect the IAT sensor while putzing around elsewhere. It is not related to the MAF sensor at all. If the sensor is connected and is good, you have either an open in the wiring harness or a faulty PCM. In the unlikely event you got this code while running a KOER test and the underhood temp was below 50F, it can be ignored as out testing limits.

Steve

Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Appreciate the advice. I have a 4.2 v6. I am a fairly good size guy and layed on the engine while removing the 02 sensor. I will check the connections and see if that's it. I am no longer getting the p0171 or 174 codes, could the p0113 code be overriding these?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Alright, I fixed a hole in the PCV hose and replaced the rubber elbow. This made my truck sound pretty good and it runs good. However, the vicious P0113 code is back. Everything seems to be running well. Maybe faulty PCM? What do you think?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:45 AM
I have a 2002 ford f150 xlt triton 4.6 V8. I have a idoling issue where it really wants to stall or ends up stalling after a few minutes and also when I come to a complete stop. I have codes pp113, p0231, p0171, p0174, p0301 and p0316. I have replaced the coil pack, spark plugs, I have conducted a pressure test in all cylinders as well as tested the ohms resistance in all fuel injectors and I have pulled each one and tried a new one in replace one by one and my issue seems to have graduated to where the veihcle does not want to go but once it's going its good until I stop but there's a,whisp sound on ingredients from the exaust but there is no leaks. Please help, I have been at this everyday all day for a week and my truck is my only source of transportation to work for I am a contractor.
Thank you

Old 04-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Take a break now and start all over again after that much effort.
Lets go over the codes and see what has happened because there is a list that involves other issues.
It maybe that you created other issues working on the original problem.
The computer won't let you get away with that.
Code 113 looks like a disconnected intake air temperature sensor on the big rubber intake tube. Check it's connector seating.
Code 231 involves fuel pump driver circuit. Be sure that code is accurate and not transposed for numbers because there is no fuel pump driver on an 02. The computer is the relay driver, directly and does not appear to be in trouble if the motor starts at all.
Codes 171 and 174 are taken together. They indicate an issue with the intake system involving an air leak after the mass air meter as 'unaccounted' for air. You may have left hoses off or have a leak fault. This type fault shifts the fuel tables to rich and causes the two codes to be set. Clear the issue and both codes clear.
Code 301 is cylinder 1 passenger side first cylinder misfire. Check the coil is set in properly and the Boot sets down on the plug tip and not jammed to the side. Use dielectric grease on the boot tip and just inside so the boot 'finds' the plug tip and slides down onto it.
Code 316 is just telling that a misfire has been detected at cranking time and will clear when cylinder 1 is fixed.
I would go over everything to be sure all harness plugs are seated, hoses are in place and clamped as original, then clear the codes and see what comes back as fresh information to lessen confusion, for a new beginning.
Very certainly you will have many different effects from all the codes listed that cause confusion as you work expecting the trouble to clear when there are multiple troubles all at the same time causing all the confusion..

Read this over a few times to get the points made as I have to read between the lines so to speak to tell what you might have for issues based on the codes.

I hope I have offered some help.
Good luck.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 04-25-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM
P0113 1999 FORD F150 Description
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.
Don't know if this helps or not?

Quick Reply: What can trip a Code P0113?