help on what this code means

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on what this code means

alright i was driving my truck and it started to studder then stalled and wouldnt start back up.i god home and found that it threw a code. the code was p0232 and the little book i have says that it means fuel pump relay dvr circ fail off.now could someone tell me what that means? and maybe how to go about fixing it.i dont remember if i filled out my profile part but my truck is a 2002 f-150 4x4 standard cab with a 4.6 romeo. any help would be greatly appreciated.thank you

Old 03-30-2007, 04:33 PM
ok i just got done searching and found a couple of posts for the code p0232.didnt really like what a couple of them said that it might be the pcm.but anyway i cleared the code.oh ya i never mentioned that i had the superchips programmer.but like i said i cleared the code an just for the sake of it i reprogrammed the truck back to stock.disconnected the battery for about an hour.hooked the battery back up but still no luck ittl turn over just fine but thats about it.now im gonna try the jumper idea that i read about where you use a jumper wire from terminal 30 to 87.mainly cause i cant seem to hear if the pumps turn on so i figure that maybe the relay went bad. just in case it is the relay can someone tell me where i could get one ive looked at both autozone and advanced just to see if they had one but they dont have one on there website.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
If you can't here the pump on your model , then somethings up - just swap relays or replace then reboot your comp without clearing code with your programmer .

Good luck..

Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 AM
well after checking everything that i can possibly think of i believe its the fuel pump i dissconnected the fuel filter turn the ignition to run and not a drop of gass came outta the line so i figure that its either the pump or something in the pcm that controlls the pump either way i dont like the idea of dropping the tank myself so i guess im gonna take the easy way out and call a couple of shops around here an see who will want to do it. oh well at least now i have a better understanding of how these trucks fuel systems work.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Test , reset your inertia switch - it could have tripped - Th inertia switch is behind the kick panel , pass side in the cab..

It's directly above this..you'll see it..- hit reset..

Check you Power distribution box under the hood drivers side - I 'm not positive on you model but my 98 5.4L has both - a fuel pump relay there and a MAXI fuse for the pump itself. -n here -

Old 03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
thanks for the ideas right now ive checked every fuse and the inertia switch(just to verify that they arent blown) but when it comes to checking the voltage on them honestly im no good at checkin electrical stuff all fuses are good and the inertia switch isnot tripped(funny but the inertia switch was the first thing i looked at then the fuel filter) but right now i got a gut feeling that its the fuel pump just cause to me it seems logical i hope that is what it is but im starting to worry cause my truck dont have many miles on it im almost at 34,000 but i used to drive the company truck alot so my truck had to sit i just hope lack of use helped the pump go bad(i know its just wishfull thinking but its all i got right now) thanks for the help though when i get it figured out or it just magicaly starts im a little upset to say this but im gonna have to take it somewhere.dont nobody get me wrong even though i didnt know what this code ment searching on this forum gave me more things to look at than i woulda ever thought hell at first all i thought was the fuel filter was clogged.but anyhow thanks an when i find out what happened to it ill post the info.again thanks

Quick Reply: help on what this code means