help diagnois my problem on 1986 302 f-150

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help diagnois my problem on 1986 302 f-150

Can anyone help

Got up to head to work and my f-150 wouldnt start FI 302 it cranks but won't start It has been sitting a few days and has been raining... I checked it has fuel air spark rotor turns changed the fuel filter. It has done this before along time ago after a rain storm/ moisture in air. but seemed to work after Awhile. I aired out the distributor and still nothing Got any Ideas????? Cause I'm out of any

Thanks
oregonwax

Old 10-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might know

Originally Posted by oregonwax
Can anyone help

Got up to head to work and my f-150 wouldnt start FI 302 it cranks but won't start It has been sitting a few days and has been raining... I checked it has fuel air spark rotor turns changed the fuel filter. It has done this before along time ago after a rain storm/ moisture in air. but seemed to work after Awhile. I aired out the distributor and still nothing Got any Ideas????? Cause I'm out of any

Thanks
oregonwax
Heey Oregon

I just picked up an 1989 F150 XLT. it has a 302 5L and the guy sold it to me for $300 bucks because he could not get it restarted. He said it just died and told me it could be the fuel pump. After taking the fuel pump off and the Fuel filter off and tracking the wiring harness I checked the Fuel Pump Rlay and found 2 wires corroded wires that broke off and one in the Power Relay. I replaced the Relay harness with some soldering and she starts like new. Maybe you got the same thing. Just though I would put my 2 cents in.

Good Luck
Denis

Quick Reply: help diagnois my problem on 1986 302 f-150