5.0L Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0L Oil Pressure

I've got some issues with my oil pressure/oil pressure gauge. When I start the vehicle cold, it stays in the normal range on the gauge. After the vehicle warms up, it slowly drops down on the gauge until there is nothing registering on the gauge at below 1500 rpm and the engine light is going off. It will come back up if I rev the engine about ~1500 rpm. I replace the oil pressure sender, but am wondering if I need a new oil pump? Does anyone know at what pressure does the sender quit registering? I would like to know how low is my oil pressure getting.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont like running with less than 30-40 hot psi i would like more but thats the least id run with!
i have a 72 vert ( mustang) the oil pressure was 40 cold and 30 hot! i broke the ditributer in the motor i had to drop the pan to get it out and figured while i was there why not put in a high volume pump! i did and now oil pressure is 70-75 cold 55-60 cold !

i would change the pump it is vital to the survival of cam bearings and rod and main bearings!

Quick Reply: 5.0L Oil Pressure