Po232 Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Po232 Code

P0232 Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit High

when i was clearing code a got for cylnder missfire on number 3 and 4 like usualy i got this code also. for fuel pump circuit high. does anyone know what would cause that. the reason i had a missfire is damn rain every time it rains the plugs get wet. its very annoying. but ive tried the dialetic grease and it didnt fix it. so does anyone know if this is anything to worry about. so far hasnt come back yet

Old 05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
When you service the plugs, are you sealing the tops of the boots where they set on the valve covers?
That is where the biggest problem from water comes from.
I don't hear anyone talk about this but it very important not too depend on the dry boot for the seal.
If the boot doesn't seal well dry, it needs to be replaced and a grease seal made as well.
I did a plug change then a week later washed the engine down and never had a miss or a problem on a COP engine.
The 232 code is an external fuel power circuit related detection.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
The 232 code is an external fuel power circuit related detection.
yeh im curious what caused it but the code was cleared a week ago and hasnt returned yet. so if it does then ill hook WDS to it find out whats wrong... i hope my fuelpump isnt gonna go out on me

Old 05-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Faster150
yeh im curious what caused it but the code was cleared a week ago and hasnt returned yet. so if it does then ill hook WDS to it find out whats wrong... i hope my fuelpump isnt gonna go out on me
It is impossible for the PCM to set a code that says the fuel pump is bad. It isn't directly monitored by the computer.

Transient fuel pump supply circuit codes are pretty common after any stalling episodes.

Steve

Old 05-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
It is impossible for the PCM to set a code that says the fuel pump is bad. It isn't directly monitored by the computer.

Transient fuel pump supply circuit codes are pretty common after any stalling episodes.

Steve
yeh found that out... but got my ported inake manifold on today. took about 6 hours and had to wait on the gaskets to be delivered from parts store waited on that for like an hour. but it runs very much good! now all i need is a tune

Quick Reply: Po232 Code