Please help me decide...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me decide...

I currently have a 2002 liaret Screw 4x4 FXR with the 4.6 motor.

Last night i found a 2006 liariat 4x4 screw with the 5.4 for 33k brand new after incentives.

i could also get the Toyota tundra limited for about the same price.

I am in a real dilema right now on which truck to buy. My currect ford has been great to be honest. but i need honest opinions here. I have my choice, the wife has given the green light. What would you do? I know some of the answers may be biased since this is the ford site but try to keep an open mind with what you know about the trucks. I have found that there is plenty of knowledge on this site that's why i ask. The wife said i need to keep this truck for 4-5 years so i want to make the right decision.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Well, assuming your current truck doesnt have any problems, you could always go by the "if it aint broke dont fix it" standby...

But Im as bad as anybody when it comes to having the urge to upgrade

One option is to spend some of the money on mods for your current truck...or buy something else.

But if the new truck just keeps calling your name, these new F150s are on their 3rd year of production, they have most of the little kinks worked out it seems...

I know this doesnt help any, Im a horrible decision maker

Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 AM
I love the Captain chairs in the lariats and fx 4's, assuming it has them. If it were me and I had the $$ to do it I would go to the 06 lariat in a heartbeat. I like the Tundras but not enough to choose one over the f150. Just something inside me won't let me buy anything but Ford.

Quick Reply: Please help me decide...