hard start

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hard start

ok i have a 94 ford 150 4x4 5.0 starts fine when cold or when just shut off .it cranks over longer than normal after it has been driven it acts like a flood problem but it isnt took me a good while to fig out what it was doing cause after it starts you must leave it sit a while like 30 mins or more to get it to do what it does. what is is it has a delay on the spark fireing has new ex switch and new ing mod and new stator and even tried a coil . when you go to crank it isnt fireing but after a longer crank with out letting off the key it will start firing and starts right up check grounds to engine and body checked all elect plugs to motor also injectors noid lights flash like they are too when cranking and power iin on both sides of coil when cranking but nothing thur coil wire and no it isnt that either so as you can see i have spent a lot of time on the problem . i have ran cleaner thur injectors and gauge the fuel system nothing to do with that just when cranking its not firing and then all at once it starts firing and start right up . never fails to start starter cranks over fast as it should

Old 02-16-2006, 12:17 PM
check fuel pressure ? could be a pressure regulator
problem lets fuel bleed back to the tank after abit
try cycling the key several times off & on to charge fuel system
before cranking engine over
mitch

Old 02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by MITCHYKINS
check fuel pressure ? could be a pressure regulator
problem lets fuel bleed back to the tank after abit
try cycling the key several times off & on to charge fuel system
before cranking engine over
mitch
nay not that either it is new also and the problem is in the spark coming from coil it cranks over very well and when checking for spark its not there for first few seconds and the spark appears and it starts right up i have changed coil , stator, module, and electric part of switch even coil wire fuel reg was replaced also before i found out it was a spark problem . but your right it acks like a low fuel or presure problem but it isnt i have even clean upper clynders and intake and cleaned injectors one of first things i did before i fig it was a spark problem

Old 02-17-2006, 10:47 AM
What about yer "sparkplugs"?

Quick Reply: hard start