pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pissed off

i have an 05 supercrew fx4 that has vibrated since around the first oil change ford has had my truck almost as much as me they changed two tires,shocks,driveshaft.dampers,mounts,rearend parts,did something to reset the rear suspension sprung?? road force balanced,wheel alignment and still it is as bad as it ever was and now they say because i had my wheels powdercoated that is the problem but the truth is the vibe came first please someone tell me what to do or where to sign up for a class action suit p.s they say three rims are bent but can not warranty do to powdercoat hhhheellp

Old 09-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned
Jesus Christ, Holy chit what the hell you might as well get a brand new damn truck wouldn't be much difference..

Old 09-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Chill!

Just go to a custom tire and rim place and have them put on a set of "take off" factory rims and tires. If the vibe is still there with the new rims and tires in place, you know it's not the powder coated rims as the dealer claimed. Then you would be advised to purchase the "take off" rims so you can bring your truck in to the dealership, demonstrate that the vibe problem is still there, and they can move forward with trying to figure out what is causing your problem!

On the other hand, if the vibe is resolved, then you know it was the rims and you can move on with your life!

By the way, I doubt powder coating the wheels would cause any balance problems that couldn't be resolved through a good balancing. However, whether you like it or not, demonstrating that the vibe still exists without the offending powder coated rims on the truck might be required!

And for a little advice, hold back with all the talk of legal action just yet -- you're much more likely to get a satisfactory resolution by working with the dealer, rather than against him!

Last edited by ddellwo; 09-05-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:50 PM
There'd have to be a lot of trucks with that problem for a class action to exist. Check your state's lemon laws, you don't say where you are from. Around here they have 3 chances to fix the problem, any more than that for the same issue and they have to take the truck back. If the rims really are bent, that's the problem. Since you modified them and can't prove that whoever did the work didn't damage them Ford won't give you new ones. So like was suggested and put another set of rims on and see what happens.
(I usually don't complain, but punctuation would make that post a lot easier to read....)

Last edited by dsp921; 09-05-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Angry still there

sorry for the lack of writing skills. i borrowed wheels off a friends truck and guess what it stiil vibrates. i had it at two different dealers and they are trying to convince me that mine drives the best. if that is really true then they have a real problem. i made the service manager aware of all the complaints that i have read on line about this problem and he said if that many people are complaining it must be normal!!. i have had my truck in more then three times for this problem. somewhere i read about an e,v,a electronic vibrator thing-a-majig.. and ask the service manager to demonstrate and he shut me up. what can i do i never owned a new anything before and dont want to take a big loss if i have to get rid of my truck. so what can i do lawrence ps this is taking place in florida (nick nicholas ford of inverness) and (autoway of brooksville) p.s i wont even start about not being able to open sunroof while driving. you may get as big of headache as i do. my god i am really starting to get very upset. anyone that knows what takes place when turning to the lemon law please help oh yeah thay took it upon themselves to do something to the rear end and now i get an awful shutter when the wheels are turned and i am starting to accelerate. and the beat goes on

Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Man I hate reading about things like this... especially about the rear axle shudder. Ford know there's a problem with the limited slip and from what the engineers on the hotline tell me is that they're working on it and in the meantime ...install another set of clutch plates to see if it helps.

Now onto your vibration .. around what speeds does it show up? and does it ever seem to get better or worse? and finally where do you feel it more? the front? or rear?

Oh and one more thing, did they provide you with a slip with the readouts of the roadforce balance results? If so what were the numbers?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
How happy would it make you to know that this was a real problem with some brand new trucks right off the lot in 04.
You apparently got one.
There have been many reports on all the items that were found on various trucks that was affecting.
I would have assumed it was all corrected because no one has posted about this situation for some time now that I saw.
Best I can advise is you read up and print out all the info you come accross by searching this site, then consult a lawyer about it and see if there is a way to get even another dealer and a Ford area representitive involved.
I'm bull headed to the point if it were my truck and that bad, I would tell them they have a truck and there will be no payments until it's fixed permantly for those faults besides sending the dealer a notice of intent through your lawyer as well as sending that same notice to Ford so they know your not in the mood to be BSed into submission or arrange for another truck under a lemon law if it is applicable where you live. Your fighting a big dog so get the teeth showing and the bark/ bite behind it.
Next time do some serious road testing before you buy any peticular vehichle.
The saleman are worthless at answering technical questions so if there is something you note, tell them it has to be addressed before you would buy and try other trucks to see what is the same or different..
Good luck.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have always heard it is best to work your way up through the chain of command.
If the service rep has not resolved the problem, go to the service manager, then the dealer,s general manager, then the district manager.......

If you keep going through the channels relentlessly they will just want rid of you. If your are not satisfied check the lemon law in your state. LOL

Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 PM
BBB Auto Line

Originally Posted by shake rattle
i have an 05 supercrew fx4 that has vibrated since around the first oil change ford has had my truck almost as much as me they changed two tires,shocks,driveshaft.dampers,mounts,rearend parts,did something to reset the rear suspension sprung?? road force balanced,wheel alignment and still it is as bad as it ever was and now they say because i had my wheels powdercoated that is the problem but the truth is the vibe came first please someone tell me what to do or where to sign up for a class action suit p.s they say three rims are bent but can not warranty do to powdercoat hhhheellp

Here ya go! BBB Auto Hotline
4200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203-1838

I'm currently in arbitration after 9 failed attempts to fix my vibration. I don't have the advantage of the lemon law since I purchased my truck in Oklahoma but live in Texas so I'm stuck in between. If the arbitrator rules in my favor, Ford will have to replace my truck with an 05 or jsut buy it back. The downside is that I will have to pay mileage on my 04.

Best of aluck to you.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Alright... sounds goofy but here goes. Mine is finally so much better that only I notice it, and only when I really pay attention (at least for the time being). This took 3.5 weeks in the dealership to get to where I am. They did all of the following: replaced drive shaft, replaced tires twice, replaced body mounts, tranny mounts, drive shaft again, torque converter.... and nothing got any better. Then they "called Ford" and were told to drive it in 4WD and remove the rear drive shaft, essentially eliminating the path transferring vibrations to the body. When they did this, it was smooth. So from there they attacked the ring and pinion in the rear end, this made a HUGE improvement, so far so great. I want to put a few thousand miles on it to make sure that it doesn't come back full force, but for now I am happy. It really could be the gears in your rear end causing all the shaking.

I also think that the drive shaft was a little off balance before, I think that was the root cause of the ring and pinion wearing un-evenly in 2000 miles. The reason I think this is that before they replaced the drive shaft, there was very noticable steering shimmy... afterward the steering was smooth. Just a guess but who knows.

FYI it has been a full week that I have had it back and I have driven it a bunch since I got it out of the shop... I will continue to rack up the miles and let you all know.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bluegrass
I'm bull headed to the point if it were my truck and that bad, I would tell them they have a truck and there will be no payments until it's fixed permantly for those faults
Please, no one take this particular approach - you will lose your truck!!! Your car loan is with a bank (even if you are paying "Ford Credit"), not Ford itself or your dealership. I don't know of any state where you have the right to default on a debt to a third party to remedy a warranty problem.

When I was a loan collector I would have politely listened to your complaints and probably even expressed my sympathy for you and wished you well in your battle against the dealer. I would have then insisted on payment. If no payments arrived, in two or three months an unmarked tow truck would arrive in the dead of night and the truck would disappear (that or I would have the repo guy cut new keys from the codes on file and simply drive it away from your home, workplace, grocery store, wherever he found it).

Fight Ford with every legal tool you have, but please don't default on your car loan - it will screw with your credit and won't give you any leverage.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Try sending an articulate, detailed letter with dates and names of people you've spoken with in regards to trying to solve your problem to you State's Attorney General.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
fight all you want, until you remove the modified rims, they are not going to go any further. a good lawyer will get git up and state the process for powder coating and how either the prep work, the added weight of the paint, or the oven drying altered the original design. i know it is BS, but this is what is going to be said, just buy a set of factory take offs and move on with your life.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
fight all you want, until you remove the modified rims, they are not going to go any further. a good lawyer will get git up and state the process for powder coating and how either the prep work, the added weight of the paint, or the oven drying altered the original design. i know it is BS, but this is what is going to be said, just buy a set of factory take offs and move on with your life.
Stop that with your common sense and logic!

Even with the Magnusson-Moss act they are still going to blame the vibration on somthing you did.

Quick Reply: pissed off