was this a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was this a good buy?

Bought a 1995 F150 with 5.8L motor with 120,000 miles. Body is in excellent shape, no rust under the fenders, truck was driven to arizona and never seen minnesota winter or really any road salt. It had fiberglass LUND running boards, lund bug shield, lund cab visor with lights on it, same with 4 spare tires and a drop down tailgate for towing. 2WD. We paid $3150US. Sounded good to us, and even if the motor goes, it would be worth investing another into it. Is there anything I should watch for with these trucks? 3.55 gears in it and overloa springs in the back, also a reg cab reg box black, pwr windows, locks, no power mirrors, ac heat tilt. new brakes.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say it was a pretty good buy if it is in good shape like you say, hopefully you won't have any problems. Others might know of the problems you are likely to have with that paticular motor as I do not. That 351 should treat you well I think, have fun with it.

BTW, How does it perform if you don't mind my asking? I'm looking to get a truck sometime in the future myself, and it looks like the ones that will be in my price range are around that year. Thanks.

Last edited by Schism9; 04-28-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
As a former Minnesotan (Shakopee) I can tell you that the fact that it's 10-years old and not all rusted-out underneath the fender wells makes it a good buy if for that reason alone! Take care of her and don't let the Minnesota salt take it's toll on your new ride!

Quick Reply: was this a good buy?