Hi Performance Accel Wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hi Performance Accel Wires

I had a problem with a misfire on cylinder number 2. search all over for the problem. The wires and pluggs had recently within 3 months been changed. Could not find a reason for the misfire until I removed the #2 cylinder plug. There was at least 2 inches of rust build up on the top of the plug. Cleaned the spark plug off and the misfire was solved. The accel spark plug wires are great but they do not guard water from entering the spark plug area durring the rainy season. Is there a cure for this other than going back to the stock wires. Love my 97 Flareside.

Old 04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
yeh get some of that grease forgot the exact name of it ,im kinda not feeling so great at the moment. but just put some down the plug wire and it will keep it from rusing. it also helps to get stainless steel plug wires. i have em and their lifetime warranty and what not havent let me down yet

Old 04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
You should be using some dielectric(or "electrical contact") grease, it will keep the water displaced, and it makes it so the boots slip off the plug when changing them later on. Should be available just about anywhere automotive parts are sold.

Last edited by Schism9; 04-26-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Silicone Dielectric Compound!! thats the stuff!

Quick Reply: Hi Performance Accel Wires