New Titan

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Titan

I discovered this web site to late to salvage my 97 4.2. I didn't become interested until the coolant was dissappearing faster than I could put it in. The lower intake gasket failed and as I've mentioned in prior posts, I had antifreeze in the oil. My motor came apart in July and I faithful rebuilt it. Then under warranty, I had it rebuilt a second time. When the engine started knocking again last week I went and bought that Titan I'd been eyeing.

For those of you who responded to my pleas for help, thankyou. I still plan to visit this site and help those I can. I though, will not be buying from Ford. The gasket failure problem has been to well documented for me to ignore. Everytime I see an older FORD truck on the road, I get mad because my 97 went to the grave way to soon. The 4.2 was a failure in my eyes and I've got the maintenance receipts to prove it. Good luck to those of you who carry on.

I'm still bitter.....

Old 12-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Congrats on a new truck, shoulda got a 04 or 05 F150.

Old 12-15-2004, 03:57 PM
those new titans are pretty sweet. I hope you have better luck this time. have fun with your new truck!!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:17 AM
XTR
Do you actually believe the Titan will never fail ? Good luck.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:16 AM
I love my FX4, but the Titan is a very sweet truck too. Not too fond of the interior or the chrome grill, but it feels very fast, compares well with the Hemi Ram for outright speed.

BTW – If you get the chance, consider body coloring the front grill, seen some guys do it and it makes a world of difference in appearance!

Quick Reply: New Titan