Engine Stalled, Lost Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine Stalled, Lost Oil Pressure

I have a brand new 2004 F150 Supercab Lariat 4x4 that only has 3000 miles on it. The other day I was pulling up to a stop sign, suddenly the "check engine" light came on and the oil pressure gauge needle droped to the bottom, the message center displayed "No Oil Pressure". I restarted the vehicle and checked the oil and the oil level was fine! There wasn't any problem after that incident but it certainly made me feel uncomfortable! I mean, its a brand new freakin' truck! I wonder if its only a one time thing (Computer glitch) or what? Anybody has any ideas? Thanks my fellow F150 buddies!

Old 12-02-2004, 12:59 AM
engine stalls

dont feel bad my truck is a 2004 with 2500 miles and the first couple weeks i got it it started to stall everytime i came to a complete stop. i took it in to the dealer ship and they said they fixed it. there was a problem with the cpu processor. the funny thing is it still stalls once and a while. ur right it does suck

Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Thank you for the information. Please don't get me wrong, I love my truck to death. It's everything I could ask for, I wonder if it was the low quality fuel my dealer put in the tank the other day as part of the "Promotion Package" Thanks again!

Old 12-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned for Use of Multiple Usernames
There is a TSB regarding that problem. Take it back to the dealer and let them update the programming.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:56 PM
My truck stalled once too... I'm not sure why though. Keep in mind that the "no oil pressure" warning is more a function of your engine stalling as oppose to causing of your engine to stall...

When my truck stalled out, it was wet out, I had the truck in 4 wheel drive and I was making a turn....

Hmm.. no more major turns, with 4 wheel drive, for me....

Quick Reply: Engine Stalled, Lost Oil Pressure