strange jerking 93 auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strange jerking 93 auto

I have a 93 f-150 automatic, 302.

when I drive at steady speeds the truck cuts out ( usually only at in town speeds).
If you can imagine this feeling this is what it's like....

Your driving down the road and the person next to you keeps reaching over and turning the ignition key OFF-ON, OFF-ON, then waits about 5 seconds and does it again..OFF-ON, OFF-ON, OFF-ON.
You get to where your going shut the truck off. come back get in the truck and it drives fine for ten minutes, and then it comes back again..
Some times it will go for a couple of days where it runs great. then it comes back.
This feeling can get to the point where you think your not going to get where going.
If i throw it into nuetral and floor the pedal, it seems O.K. for a bit, then it's back again.
Help

Old 11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
fuel filter ?

Has the fuel filter been changed recently. Does the motor shut off completely or just stutter and stumble?

What engine ?

Hunt4Fun

Old 11-22-2004, 12:36 AM
for Hunt4Fun

The engine is a 302 auto . No the truck does not completley shut off, it's just very quick off-on feeling.

i have change the fuel filter, fuel regulator, serviced the transmission, different fuel, tried both tanks.

One day I tried putting in a litre of methol hydrate into a full tank of gas, and it seemed like it fixed the problem..but it came back a few days later. Sometimes it takes forever for it to shift into second, and the "BANG" it goes in

Tail pipe is carboned up too. Have not changed the fuel pump.

Last edited by Zeeker; 11-22-2004 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Does the probably vary with the amount of fuel in the tank?

I am wondering if you have some water in the tank.........

Quick Reply: strange jerking 93 auto