electric fan install

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
electric fan install

ordered troyer performance e fan kit deal 16" it took me about 5 hours for the complete project from start to finish, was all basic and easy, only prblem was i couldnt fint a infared temp thermomiter, went everywere, so i used a meat cooker electric therm that i got at wally world for 10$ dont know how acc. it is but it worked, only drove it for like 10 miles before i loaded the truck up with 700 lbs of gear and dirtbikes for a 1000 mile trip, my mpg stayed about what it always does, it seemed to cruise better then normal, got back from the trip and unloaded everything, just filled up the tank so i am going to record my mpg see if there is any diffrence, it seems to feel lighter then before but other than that i cant really feel a change, i will post more results after i put a tank or two of gas threw my beast

Old 09-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have had the same kit installed @ 8 months. Normally drive with a decent load but have not had any real difference in MPG. Better throttle response and A/C works a little better. If you did not use the blue wires for a set of lights to see if the fans are working I would recommend it highly. Had some problems with a controller and had an overheat when the low side fan quit working. Impossible to tell if the fans are doing there thing without the lights.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would connect the LEDs to the power wire running to the fan (instead of the blue wires) that way you know for sure there is power to the fan. make sure to connect after the fuse, though

Old 09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was going to do it this weekend, putting in leds, and a master kill switch, and a manaul turn on switch for muding and water crossing, will post some pics when i finish the install, havent sheathed up the wires yet so it looks ugly

Quick Reply: electric fan install