Rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough idle

I have a 2003 supercrew 2x2 w/5.4. Lately i've been experiencing a rough idle. This happens once in a while & is not temp sensitive.
I've only got 9300 mi. Gone to dealer w/problem twice, no code or check eng. light. It shakes pretty bad sometimes but goes away when I hit the throttle. Dealer says it may be a normal problem w/triton engines & there is nothing that can be done. I've mentioned poss. bad coil pack or sensor on the verge of going bad that will not set a code. It's been in for 2 days now & still not able to duplicate problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?? I would appreceate some imput. thanks!!

Old 05-13-2004, 06:36 AM
if you didn't see it theres another post on this down there somewhere with some replies,mine does it too,it was mostly my plugs i think but the last time i changed em it still did it and i took all the plugs out twice and made sure they were in PERFECT and it still did it i said screw it and kept drivin,it was only runnin on 7 cylinders and it finally mostly went away.another point somebody made,i forget who was that they said was the service manager at the dealer said it was the crankshaft position sensor,i assume,he just said crank sensor,which would make sense cause mine does it at idle and at around 1500 rpm and does it at the exact rpm every time.but that's just when its mildly missin,not when it's runnin on 7

Old 05-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Try cleaning your IAC.

There are several threads about it within the last page or 2 of threads.

I have one called "? about IAC cleaning" and there was one recently that has pictures.

Search for "IAC*"

Old 05-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by Johngs
Try cleaning your IAC.

There are several threads about it within the last page or 2 of threads.

I have one called "? about IAC cleaning" and there was one recently that has pictures.

Search for "IAC*"
Johngs, have you noticed that the search seems to accept 3 letter words now? I have not had to put the * after 3 letter words any more.

Quick Reply: Rough idle