Loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Loss of Power

I have a 93 F150 with a 351 EFI (140,000 miles) with the E4OD and 3:55 rearend and let me tell you what she is a dog. Excelleration is flat when you give it the gas. If you put throttle to the floor it kicks in and takes off but will shift back into OD shortly after.
If you Hook something behind it (boat) you better bypass any hills as speed will drastically drop. Basically can be described as a bog cause that is what it sounds like when you give it the power.
Have had it into the ford dealer twice! First time they told me it was running rich and had me change O2 sensor and wire loom from O2 to connector on fender also changed Intake air temp sensor and EGR pressure Sensor (I think thats it the name). Had injector flush and shift (brain fart) what ever that is on the E4OD that get adjusted, left side. New plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel pressure check and still nothing.
Back to ford dealer and they had it all day and said they couldn't find anything wrong. Said it was running perfect.
Also had it at two transmission places and they found nothing wrong.
Recently changed throttle position swith on throttle body, no help. Manifold vacuum is at a steady 18.
At the point of getting rid of it but would rather keep it over taking on payments if I could get it fixed.
Anyone had this problem and know what will fix it? Your help appreciated.

wkato

Old 05-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Been gone for two weeks and figured would have something! So know one can help on this problem.

wkato

Old 05-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have a 1999 F150 so I don't know what your engine is like but if I remember correctly engine timing is the key to produce power.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system1.htm

You have a lot of miles on the truck so I would also be curious how your cylinder compressions look. I don't know how much of an effect poor cylinder compression would have on horsepower though. Do you get a lot of smoke out of your exhaust that might indicate worn rings?

Another possiblity is that your valves are not seating well. You could have carbon buildup on them or they may be damaged. This will cause poor compression in the cylinder.

Last edited by temp1; 05-30-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Compression was checked and was told it was around and average of 140, truck blows no smoke.

wkato

Quick Reply: Loss of Power