Lighting Performance Fan Setup??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighting Performance Fan Setup??

I would like to know if anyone here is running the electric fan that Lighting Performance sells ? (Below is a Link) If you are running it do you happen to tow a boat in the hot summer weather how does it seems to control the cooling on your truck? Any and all info you can supply me with would be greatly appreciated. I see from there site that they recommend there Water pump which is suppose to flow more so it makes me wonder if the fan is not sufficient enough to cool the truck properly on it's own.

http://www.lightningforceperformance...productID=1045

Richard

Old 03-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... RICHARD : If you want a cheaper cost with a better fan set-up, I would suggest to you to get dual DERALE 16" electric fans. Summit Racing sells the fans for $119(U.S) each and you can get two fan controllers for less than $90(U.S). The DERALE fans are SUPER tough and reliable. If one does happen to fail you have the other as backup. On the fan set-up you showed, if that fan fails, your SCREWED. Plus with the twin DERALE's you can totally eliminate the fan shroud and that gives you a ton more room to work on your engine if you need to. I've been running this set-up for over 5 years now with zero problems. The fans are SO effecient that most of the time I only run one. Here's a few pics :

Old 03-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal I appreciate the reply however that is not what I need. Guess I should have given more details I already have the FAL fans on my truck but am soon going to be installing a ATI Procharger and since the Lighting fan setup has the same fan shroud as the stock configuration it would work much better for me. As it is now I am going top have to cut my intercooler tubing and the more I think about it the more I am not in favor of that. I am also debating going back to the stock fan. I have also contacting Flex-A Lite to see if the current controller I have for there 270 fans would be compatible with two of there pusher fans. It looks as though I do need 16" fans though when going to the dual mounts. I also need to make sure that what ever I do I cannot mount the fans directly to the fins of the radiator but instead need to make sure I mount them on the sheet metal surrounding it do to bumps and jarring when off road. One of my other concerns is that I am not particularly fond of mounting fans as pushers since they are not as effective mounted in that manner. They perform better as piullers in my opinion

Richard

Quick Reply: Lighting Performance Fan Setup??