CRC Fuel Injection Air-Intake Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile CRC Fuel Injection Air-Intake Cleaner

Just used the CRC Air-Intake Cleaner on the throttle body. Let it sit for 45min. to evaporate with the butterfly open. When I started it to let it idle, and burn off the carbon, black smoke came out of the tailpipe for about a minute, than idled a little rough for 3 min. then ran smooth.

On the information says it's safe on TEFLON coated throttle bodies? Is that what ford coated the inside with ?

I also notice some dirt oil like buildup on the area beneath the throttle body, I presume only the inside of the throttle body is coated with Teflon, so can you use regular carb cleaner to clean the exterior of the manifold, if not what ? Thanks for the input.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:51 PM
i take it you were having idle problems? did this crc take care of your problems? where did you get it? what kind of idle problems where (r) you having? mine idles fine in neutral and park but after running it and then stopping with it in drive the rpm's drop to about 450-500 and it acts like it wants to die. i tried cleaning it with no luck yet.

Old 09-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Valk,why not just use the throttle body cleaner to clean the underside?And yes,CRC TB cleaner is safe for the inside.

Mahoney,have you tried cleaning your IAC? If that dont work you might have to replace it.Have you cleaned the MAF sensor? Is the pcv valve ok?

Old 09-21-2003, 10:16 AM
mine idles fine in neutral and park but after running it and then stopping with it in drive the rpm's drop to about 450-500 and it acts like it wants to die. i tried cleaning it with no luck yet.

That could be a problem with the EGR system hanging open as well. After the IAC check I would make sure the EGR was in good shape as well.

Most of that carbon that ends up in the throttle body is EGR created IMHO.

tom

Old 09-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Question Cleaning exterior of intake under Throttle Body

Mine idled fine, just noticed the black when I looked into the Throttle Body.

I found the CRC Throttle Body Cleaner at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Used all the CRC inside TB, then later inspecting saw filth outside way under the TB.

Is it safe to use carb cleaner on the outside under the TB, not getting it inside the TB ???

Quick Reply: CRC Fuel Injection Air-Intake Cleaner