CES Light but no Signs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CES Light but no Signs

Last night on my way home my CES light came on. The truck still ran fine. I haven't done any maintenance to the engine lately. AKA I haven't been tinkering around under the hood. The gauges all looked ok so I drove home. At home I checked vacuum lines and my gas cap. I disconnected the battery and reset the computer. Still ran ok. At the next start up a couple of minutes into it, the light came back on. Still running ok. I drove it about another 70 miles round trip last night and to work this morning. I plan on pulling the filter and cleaning the MAS and checking the connections. It won't be until this weekend or later that I can get to an ODBII tester. Are there any other suggestions to try until I can get to the weekend? I also had to fill up with gas last night so it's new gas in there now.

Thanks for any help.

Doug

PS - I've got about 106,000 on her.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Not that anyone replied...

I got an OBD-II scanner this past weekend and checked out what the code was. It was P0161. Bank 2 Sensor 2 Heated O2 Sensor circuit malfunction.

I pulled that O2 sensor and the wiring harness was worn thin in two spots. The one spot the one wire was totally gone. For 106,000 miles I guess that's not too bad. So I figured it has a few more miles left in it. I soldered the harness back together and re-wrapped the entire wiring harness. Re-installed the sensor and reset the computer.

Drove it about 200 miles since then and no SES light.

Just wanted to have that code and my experience out there for the rest of us who might need it some day.

Doug

Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info. Glad to here you were able to fix it. Even saved yourself some money.

Quick Reply: CES Light but no Signs