I think i figured out why the engine light was on!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think i figured out why the engine light was on!

Well, remember how after i did a plug change, the check engine light was on? Today, I took out all the plugs, checked the wires, and everything was cool. So i'm puttin the last plug on, when I se this green plastic Hose, quite small actually, is Snapped in half. It leads to a group of hoses in a wire harness, and then to somethin else...Don't really know what it is....Anyway, The group I was talkin about consists of A red hose, a black hose, and The green one. The red and black ones lead to a Coffee can thing, which I never did know what it was. (all the info is to give you guys an idea here) So anyway, My dad needs to use the truck, so I Took some epoxy, and 'tacked' the hose into place, so that it was together again, being careful not to obstruct the airway or whatever. Then, i wrapped it in Electrical tape, and took my heat gun, and CAREFULLY melted the electrical tape onto the hose, making SURE not to melt the hose. It went good, EXCEPT for the fact that the black hose and red hose were broken too, I just didnt see it. So same scenario, I took electrical tape and wrapped it around, and Melted it on. It's really smooth, and it would be impossible to leak! This is just until i get a replacement...It's not permanent...Then, to be safe, i took tinfoil, and wrapped it around all the areas That i put the tape on. This acts as Sort of a heat shield. I Haven't started the truck yet to see what would happen, as we have like NO gas...So Tomorrow, I'll let ya's know! Oh yeah...Can anyone tell me what the coffee can thing and the Thing that the green hose connects to is? Thanks!

Old 01-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's your vacume reservior(SIC) for the dash controls...this way the controls like the blend door won't swing back and forth as the RPMs affect the vacume from the engine ..does that make sense?

Quick Reply: I think i figured out why the engine light was on!