Flowmaster 30?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flowmaster 30?

I have a stock 1998 F-150 V-6. Except a complete Clarion audio setup (TV-tuner/amp/Bazooka/etc...)

A friend of mine has a Flowmaster 30 single 3"in/out sitting in his garage. He doesn't care for customizing his truck and he asked if I wanted it.

I haven't heard much about the 30 series being used in trucks. What is the difference between that and a 40?
Do you think I can use the 30 and if so what effects would it have? Both good or bad?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 07-12-2002, 09:33 AM
30 series FlowMasters are slightly louder, but I like the FlowMaster sound. If you have a chance to get one- go for it.

Later,

Old 07-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info. Great looking truck.

Do you think it will affect my fuel economy?
I have heard with certain series you lose a little low end, will this happen with the FM 30?

If I'm not mistaken, the stock diameter of my exhaust is 2.5". Do you think that the muffler shop can adapt the 3" the FM 30 uses?

Apperciate your help.

Old 07-12-2002, 05:42 PM
The only time you lose bottom end with FlowMasters is if you install them incorrectly. If you are running a true dual exhaust, then you want an X-pipe or H-pipe crossover just before the mufflers to equalize the pulse pressure differences. If you are running a single pipe system, you don't need to worry about it. Just try to Y the two sections together as close to the muffler as you can. Your fuel economy should stay about the same, if not increase slightly. FlowMasters create more torque, and require you to press less on the go-pedal. Any competent exhaust shop can make the adapters that go from 2.5" to 3" no problem.

You'll be happy with the 30 Series FlowMaster. Just be sure to neck the outlet of the muffler back down to 2.5" and hook onto the tail pipe section. Alot of places will try to con you into running 3" from the muffler back. Don't do it- it'll be WAY loud and it'll kill the torque you just gained by installing the muffler.

Good luck!
(and thanks for the compliments on my truck )

Old 07-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Keep a 2.5" tailpipe like wrongdayJ said. He knows his stuff

Old 07-13-2002, 08:55 AM
thanks

Thanks for info guys!

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 30?