Mice Engine Threats

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mice Engine Threats

I was disecting my K&N Air filter today and discovered tons of dog food trapped in the air box under the filter....My theory is mice have been crawling up the tires into the wheelbase and through the maf. I'm going to poisen every mouse in Stewart County....I park my truck in an open carport and my dog food bowl is on the other side.....my only worry is this continuing and the dog food getting sucked into my engine. anyone had this problem?

Old 06-19-2002, 08:48 PM
LOL hahaha...sorry to say NO. Just clean it all out the best you can. Good luck with those mice lol.

Old 06-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Hey Blu, don't feel too bad. I once owned a '01 Polaris Scrambler Quad and I noticed a jingling coming from the clutch one day. It quieted down and I didn't notice it until about a week later when the wheeler wouldn't even budge. The clutch just slipped and slipped. So, when I pulled off the clutch cover, out came an entire clutch housing full of horse grain! Mice were stealing it from the barn and apparently living in my wheeler. Oh well, it sure is a good story now.

Crotteau

Old 06-20-2002, 11:40 AM
if the dog food pieces were small enought to get past your filter, i dont think they'd hurt things too much.

the food is organic, so it'll just get chewed up and burned by your motor; i dont see how it could really damage anything if only a little gets in there.

Old 06-20-2002, 02:30 PM
I was replacing the filter in my 00 Explorer a few weeks ago. It was running like a dog. I couldn't get past Hyundai's with it, without it sounding like it was going to blow up. Anyhow, I pulled out the filter and filling the bottom of the filter box was acorns. Shells, skins practically a nest. I live out in the middle of the woods so some is to be expected but christ the practically the whole damn box was full. Now I check it every week and make sure to run over every squirrel, chipmunk or mouse I can.

Old 06-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Hahahaha, I'm out in the woods too....Stupid simple minded creatures.

Old 06-21-2002, 11:27 AM
this sorta reminds me of when my buddy with a v6 camaro's cats (catalytic converters - not pets) got clogged. the car ran like crap, it would idle fine but refused to rev over 3000 rpm, and it was incredibly hot under the hood, even though the water temperature was normal. part of his egr valve actually melted from the heat.

we finally figured it out when we heard the cat rattling around; he gutted it and it was like a whole new car. the next week he installed a turbo and didnt bother hooking the exhaust back up, so now it just exits straight out the turbo at the front of the car.

cars run like crap when intake and exhuast gets clogged.

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Does it sounds alot different with the exhaust running straight out from the front?

Old 07-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Angry

My old man had same problem with dogfood but it was chipmunks!Those little devils can make a mess!!!

Quick Reply: Mice Engine Threats