not asking for much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not asking for much?

all I want to do is light up my tires at a stop sign every once and awhile?
is that asking to much?
I have a 2000 F-150 ext with auto.(V6)
I travel lots so I just can't put in 4:10 gears and bingo.

what says you.... can you help.
options include (I do not have these yet)(but willing to get)

superchip
new gears rearend ect.
any others???
oh ya I'm not sure of my rear end gears how do I find out.

and of course I have the big one wheel spin so I want to find a double clutch setup(limited slip)

make this really easy for me, if I was looking for a new rearend what modle year would I look for. do all the ford rearends swap out?
I also want rear disks if I'm going to swap out the whole rear.
so I'm looking for rear disks with 3:55 rear and limited slip.
what truck has all this(please don't say lightning cause it is impossiable to find a wreaked one)
is there a supercrew of F-250 or somthing.

thanks
Icon

Old 06-03-2002, 07:29 PM
The best way to light up your tires with NO mods is easy. Do a power brake.

Lightly hold your brake pedal just enough that the truck don't move then give it some gas. There is always more pressure on the front brakes then the back. Thats how Tony, Earnhardt Jr etc in Nascar do real good long burn outs.

Put it in first gear, put the gas on gradually until the tires break traction. Don't stomp on it this could hurt something. Once the tires break traction there you go. Its easier with an auto then manual, plus with a manual alot of guys think poping the clutch is cool until they break a u-joint then it sucks having your drive shaft hanging down there, getting it towed, especially if there is something ******* Chevy guy around.

It's what I do when I win a race with my racecar, its a Camaro, did I say "******* Chevy guy"? I met ******* Chevy TRUCK guy. Now I wouldn't recommend buring your tires off cost in tires and even though holding the brake pedal lightly will allow you to do it the back brakes will be just a tad bit on so they will get hot if you burn them to long. It helps even better if you have a little sand/dirt or the tires are a bit wet, less traction

Good luck, smoke them up, just hope no cops are around

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 06-03-2002 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:16 AM
ya I've done this but I still get that one wheel burn out and it looks soooooo cheap(like I'm cheating or somthing?)

so about replacing the rearend what can I use?

what modle year has rear disks and limited slip?

Old 06-04-2002, 03:18 PM
I have an 01 4.2 with 3.55 limit slip but has the manual trans. I have smoked them once two nice black strips. It also has the rear disk.