top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2000, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation top speed?

Hey guys , if I put a Superchip in my truck , will I be able to go over 100mph with out the fuel shutting off? Mine seems to shut off alittle over 100 (like 105). Have any of you noticed if the chip changes the shut off point once you installed it? Do I need to get a custom chip made for this , or do they all do it? Thanks in advance ,
99SS
----------------------
99 F150xl, silver frost
auto , 3.55 gears , 4.2 V6
s/c , s/b
sport package
Flowmaster 40 series (single in dual out)
3-inch slash cut chrome tips
Class 3 towing package ,K&N air filter,
AVS tail light covers, Ventvisor window shades , and Bugflector II bug deflector.
Door crack, on drivers side -- >
FUTURE MODS: American Racing “Atlas “ wheels - bigger tires - Fabtech lift kit – Superchip – throttle body spacer - Jacobs’s ignition system –“American Auto Designs” cobra hood – clear corner lenses – bed rug –hard bed cover - custom graphics - & a nice stereo system.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MY TRUCK http://silverf150xl.friendpages.com/

Old 11-25-2000, 08:57 PM
Yes, the cheip removes the top speed limiter

Old 11-25-2000, 09:58 PM
ok cool , thanks lightningcrashz, how fast will these trucks go with out the speed limiter?
99SS

Old 11-26-2000, 09:39 PM
I don't know. I haven't had mine above 95 mph(4x4 with slightly larger than stock tires)in 4th gear. I don't have a chip yet. It will go in at the same time as my ported and polished heads, ported and polished upper and lower intakes, and custom ground cam go in.spring can't get here soon enough .I think that my v-6 will have around 270-280 hp with the chip and these mods. The supercharger (I hope) will go on in late summer. My conservative estimate would be a grand total of 340 hp at the flywheel. my sleeper truck I am sure it will lots of over 100mph driving then.

------------------
-----------------------
2000 f150 4x4 sport,black, 3.55 5spd ,4.2 liters of fury ----mods----
stereo,pioneer cd,cadance ultradrive amps,alpine 12 sub,eclipse mids&tweetsAppearance: profile bug guard,smoked headlight covers,Gts tailblazerII taillight covers painted to match truck,blue cargo lights,chrome exhaust tipFunctional:265/75 pirelli scorpion at,cranked torsion bars,black Delta tool box,valley towing class III reciever hitch,herculiner bed liner,taz floor mats Performance: Jet reusable air filter,modified airbox(crash1style)Coming Soon supercharger, jba headers,throttle body spacer,ravin cat back,superchips
lightningcrashz@hotmail.com

Old 11-28-2000, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 99SS,

The Superchip will remove the top speed limiter altogether, so then your top speed is limited only by your power level.
With just the Superchip and no other mods, you should be able to run upwards of 110 mph or so, approximately, and maybe a bit more. Of course the factory tires are not up to running those kinds of speeds in excess of 100 mph, so be careful once you have the Superchip installed!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: top speed?