RUSTY FUEL INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face RUSTY FUEL INJECTORS

Check Engine light came on, tried reseting.

Finally took to a dealer. They found my Fuel pressure at fuel rail was 80lbs vs 40lbs. Ordered new fuel rail, But found all kinds of rust/crud in fuel injectors/ fuel rails and other stuff. Also when the had the fuel runners (manifold?) removed it was really dirty/ carmel looking in the chambers
(dealer said that was normal) but I was thinking it looked pretty bad. they are cleaning everything (dropping the fuel tank and flushing the lines etc)and replacing fuel rail and injectors. BTW I HAD THE BLACK Rings around my exhaust tip from day one!!!

ANY ONE ELSE? or any comments??? they seemed like they were more then willing to clean and replace everything no hassle.

I should probably check/change my sparkplugs also, Any reccomendations?

------------------
Y2K F150 4x4 XL Med Torredor Red
4.2 5 speed,AIRAID, SuperCHIP,
3.55 LS, Leer camper shell, bedrug,
Ranchhand Rover Brushguard 2X Off road lights
Tint/alarm/ aftermarket keyless entry/locks
2m radio, CB, 3 Scanners
regulator@f150driver.com

[This message has been edited by REGULATOR (edited 09-21-2000).]

Old 09-25-2000, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I had the exact same problems. See my response to this problem in the engines forum. https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/002470.html

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, Reg Cab/Long Box, Styleside, Oxford White, Dark Graphite Int., 4x4, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Off-Road pkg (Skid Plates, Cab Steps, Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers, LT265/70R17SL), Class III Towing pkg with Heavy Duty Cooling pkg, 4 wheel disk ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry, and Sliding Rear Window, Cabin Air Filtration, Ventvisors, Ford Bug Deflector, Ford Bedliner.

Currently Forsale: K&N FIPK, Superchip Code: XJB1

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, Camo Green, 4x4, 499cc 4-stroke, independent suspension, shaft drive, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

[This message has been edited by Y2K OffRoad (edited 09-25-2000).]

Quick Reply: RUSTY FUEL INJECTORS