V6 Ford Challenge Aug 25th, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V6 Ford Challenge Aug 25th, 2007

Just giving you guys a heads up the V6 Ford Challenge is again back in Canada this year being held at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga ( not really even near Toronto). We are holding it on the same weekend as the Canadian Street Car Nationals on August 25th, the CSC Nat's are Aug 24-26th so you can show up Friday to test and tune if you like, but thats extra. Saturday will be a busy day, lots of fast cars including a jet car again. Basically instead of renting the track ourselves we are getting a class at this race for our V6's but its lots of public exposure. We are just having the one class this year again, cause we never get enough cars wanting to run heads up. So Bracket racing it will be this year. Piston trophies are up for grabs as usual. Money will be awarded as well just not sure how much yet. Racing fee's will be posted soon too.

We are told we are getting magazine coverage in Modified Mustangs magazine, not sure how big of an article but Joe DaSilva who is putting on the race is an editor for the mag and toldme personally he will give us a write up. So come out and support the V6 and have some funand see some wild rides in the process. Camping on site, Live music Saturday night as well.

www.v6fordchallenge.com

Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Talked with Joe DaSilva today abot the race. Here is what is happening. This is gonna be cool. All the classes are gonna compete against themselves like usual, so V6's against V6's, Cobra's against Cobra's Lightning's against Lightning's etc etc etc. Same as always, but whats cool is this year is the winner of each car group will then compete in a final class of winners to determine the overall bracket champion. A V6 will be in the running.

So the V6FC class will have its winner and runner up as usual, along with other special trophies for other BESTS like every year, but added onto that, the winner will have a chance to compete for the overall bracket champion. Joe will have a special trophy for that, but we are still having our trophies for the V6FC Class.

If you buy a weekend pass which is $60 CDN you get into test and tune and racing for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting the weekend pass so I can test and tune Friday. $60CDN is not a bad deal considering the venue, music, free camping, entertainment, jet car etc etc. Our usuall fee was $50US which was about $60 CDN, so for the US drivers its a few dollars more due to Bush and his killing the US dollar Things will go a lot smoother and faster this year due to the way the classes will be run, I know last year we didn't get as many runs as we had hoped. This year plans to be much better. Joe realized he had too many classes last year.

The more people we get the more money will be given out Joe says. He isnot shy when it comes to giving away money, heck he gave an extra $100 to our long distance winner last year on top of our money so thats cool. Not sure what he plans on doing for the prize money exactly, I know the overall bracket champion is getting money, and we plan on giving away cash for the V6 Champion as well, usually its $300, I didn't get to talk to Joe too long today but I am hoping its in that range again, even if I have to put up the cash like I did last year.

I really like the idea of an overall champion, a V6 will get to run against the top cars of each class, so thats pretty cool.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Sounds like a blast, If do decide to go it will prolly just be for the Sat. Not sure how funny it will be for a bone stock V6 to crawl its way down the track . But if its bracket racing it runs 18.16s pretty consistant. At least those are the only numbers I have since I only took it to the track in St Thomas once.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 AM
consistancy is the name of the game, a bone stock 06 Mustang won it last year, come out and have some fun and check out some other V6's. If you think you might come sign up on the website so I can add you as a possible attendee. Hope to see you there.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
It sounds doable but I've never been one to go to events by myself. Hell I dont even go to the movies alone. I'd feel like a doof walking around that place looking like a lost tourist. If I could meet up with someone who is going there for the v6 thing that would be good but from what I see on the site no one is coming from my direction. And the nearest timmies is in Hagarville
I'm the only one in my local club that has a v6, the rest are either Lightings or v8s and they are going to some truck show/shine deal here in London that weekend.

If I do come do I have to pre-register or just pay at the gate? If I end up coming alone how would I find you guys?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 AM
You'd prolly get more responses if this was in the Racing (non street) and Events forums?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
trophies are ready to go. Just a few days till race day. Weather is loking good.

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
97XL, you can hang with all the V6 guys, we love hanging with other v6's. I am sure there are V8 guys comnig from your direction, tag along with them and pit with other V6's. There are a few london Mustng clubs that have members coming.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Well I'm still kinda new to this racing stuff so I don't know anyone from my area that is going. Could you guys maybe have a sign up somewhere in the pits area showing where the V6s are
I took some time to find the London Mustang club and I did see some posts that a few of them are going to this event but since I don't own a mustang I don't think I should try to post on their site. If you know anyone from that club who is going coudl you get them to send me a quick email and maybe I can arrange to meet up with them for the trip down. If not its cool I'll figure something out. f1phule@rogers DOT com

thanks.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Well I hope they dont ban me but I made the effort to contact someone on the London Mustang forum about trying to drive down with some of them this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for the great time at the track, I really had alot of fun. Would have been better if there was more of us but thats how it goes sometimes.

I really appreciate all the hard work you put into setting this up and especially for the trophies, they look awesome and I know the guys in my truck club are gonna want one.

Thanks again for all the hard work and I hope to go next year providing its not too far away. When you get the email from Marcel with the video of the last race could you forward it to me, along with the pic of the three of us with the trophies?

Cheers

Old 08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
How did you guys do and who won?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by Wild Bill
How did you guys do and who won?
Sprout won. But there was only 3 of us that showed up. I guess the weather scared the rest off.

I came 2nd but we both busted out in the final, he just busted out less then I did. I should have stuck with the 18.02 dial in, but so what it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Only reason I got to the final was the SHO Taurus got fouled on the start. For some reason his pre-stage lights never came on so when he fully staged he thought he had deep staged and was backing up to try again. Unfortunately I was fully staged and the started tripped the lights anyway so when I saw I green I just left.

I'm hoping Sprout will post the Sunday results because I'm pretty sure he gets to run against the other bracket class winners.

Quick Reply: V6 Ford Challenge Aug 25th, 2007