'05 Dying at stops & while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Dying at stops & while driving

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out because it sure seems that my dealer is completely useless!!!

I have an '05 screw with 30K miles. Off and on for the last 6 months, occasionally when coming to a stop, my truck will die suddenly but will also start right back up. Now, for the last two weeks, I don't want to even drive it, NOW it will just completely stop WHILE I'm driving down the road. I just had my 30K maintence (oil chg, oil filter, fuel filter, etc.) Dealer says they can't "duplicate" the problem. Not sure how they can't , all they gotta do is drive the damn thing! Not to mention when I had my oil change, it had used up all the damn oil...seems i'm being told 1 quart per 900-1200 miles is now "normal"....wow!

They had my truck for 10 days, picked it up today and it happened on my way home. I'm in a rental and they are coming to back to get my truck on Monday.......I'm hopeful someone can give me some ideas to give to them!!!!!! HELP!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 PM
my girlfriends car was doin the same thing with shutting off and it was a vacuum leak. i dont no if that helps.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:35 PM
That sucks man. All I can say is try a different dealer. You might find one that's actually competent. Also, that's not normal for your truck to use that much oil. My 01' 4.2L hasn't hardly used a drop between oil changes unless I drive it hard in the Summer heat. I'd tell them that's BS, and call the BBB.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 AM
You must have a dirty throttle body and air regulator valve, you should buy a throttle body cleaner spray follow the procedure described in the can. I had the same problem with my truck. I just clean the throttle and air flow regulator and the problem was solved.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I had one of my cars do that to me and it was the O2 sensor. Whenever I would stop or let off the gas to coast it would shut down on me, but it would always turn back on.

Quick Reply: '05 Dying at stops & while driving