magnaflow or flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magnaflow or flowmaster?

I've heard good things about both magnaflow and flowmaster. I think Flowmaster would sound the best on a 4.2L but I've heard the Magnaflow gives better performance w/o losing the low end. I want to run si/do exiting behind the rear tires, what muffler would be the best to choose?

Old 03-30-2005, 10:47 AM
my cousin put a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out and dumped it right after the muffler well.. he hates it, it sounds like rice... so if u do go with a 40 series it may sound a whole lot better doing it out the back like you have planned... i plan to go with a magnaflow but im still not exactly sure because ihavent really heard one yet on a 4.2l good luck with your decision!

-TJ

Old 03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Get the Magnaflow if you want a good mellow sounding exhaust with a quiet idle that doesn't drone at highway speeds, and sounds throaty when you stomp on it.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 PM
http://exhaustsoundclips.com has both the magnaflow and flowmaster if you can get it to work, for the magnaflow just right click at the accept screen and click save target as, then save it to your computer and open it, for the flowmaster just click accept. I don't know if these are actually the sounds they say they are but the magnaflow does sound better. Is it true that the magnaflow also gives better performance? Thanks guys!

Old 03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Now I'm looking at the Magnaflows which muffler would you recommend?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 AM
I want to put exhaust on my truck this summer, just to free it up abit and to get a better sound then when it is now. Is magnflow the way to go. It was easy on my Vic, I just put two Flowmaster 40 on it and it was done, and sounded great, I drove around with dumps on it for about two months before I coundn't stand it any more.

Old 04-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I just recently put on a Magnaflow SI/SO 2 1/2" muffler and love the performance of it. Probably the only modification that I've done that has lived up to my expectations. Sounds good (still like a V6, but has a bit more command to it), just a bit better mileage, and power has increased. Especially at the low end!

The trick I think to this is not to run larger exhaust pipe. The V6 is happy with 2.5 inch tubes, as the scavanging effects are better due to higher exhaust gas velocity. Putting a larger exhaust on the V6 slows the exhaust gasses down and reduces the scavanging effects.

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2005, 11:42 AM
well.. ive changed my mind and im not going with flowmaster OR magnaflow.. have you checked out a Mac Exhaust yet? i heard a 3.8l mustang with Mac Performance True Duals as in 2 single in single outs not a one dual in and dual out.. anyway it sounding VERY good but be sure to let us know which one you go with if ur still lookin for flowmaster or magnaflow

Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
I can verify for a fact that 3-inch exhaust is not to big for the V6. My wife bought me the 15609 Magnaflow catback for Christmas. I replaced a 2.5-inch Magnaflow muffler that I had installed myself, I gained power across the whole rpm range. It even feels stronger right off idle on. I do have a few things to go with it that might have helped; port and polished throttlebody, Mac intake, programmer and such. But the 15609 is the first mod to my truck in over 9 months when I installed it, no regrets.

Quick Reply: magnaflow or flowmaster?