Getting Rid of a HyperTech Power Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Rid of a HyperTech Power Module

i have for sale a hypertech power module for a 1997 ford f150 with a 4.2L V6. i'm asking $100 OBO. if i can't sell it here i'm going to be putting it up on ebay. please email me if interested (payableondeath62@hotmail.com). thanks

Many Ford computers do not contain a replaceable engine tuning chip. That is why Hypertech engineers designed the Power Module for Ford cars and trucks. The Power Modules aluminum housing contains a dyno-tuned Power Chip that is mounted on a circuit board that easily plugs into the Ford computer's service port. The Power Module electronically disconnects the stock chip and replaces it with the Power Tuning information stored in the Hypertech Power Chip. The Power Module delivers the same performance benefits as other Hypertech Power Tuning products. Spark timing and fuel delivery are optimized for your engine, point-by-point, over the entire RPM range at full throttle. This produces the most powerful horsepower and torque curves possible. Ford Power Modules deliver more horsepower, higher torque, faster acceleration, and improved throttle response. BRAND NEW IN THE BOX HYPERTECH POWER MODULE PART # 470651 FOR 1997 FORD F150 TRUCK WITH THE 4.2 LITER ENGINE. THIS CHIP ADDS HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE AS WELL AS IMPROVES DRIVEABILITY.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
I have a 1998 f150 v-6 4.2 5 spd with 4:10 in the rear. If it will take a standard trans I will buy it. My truck is pushing 220 hp now I want just a little more ump. especially sinse I just put a fac crate motor in it. So call them and find out and let me know ASAP>

Old 03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
sorry, the module is only for auto tranny. thanks for the reply though

Old 03-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Gas

Would i have to switch to higher octane fuel if i used this chip.?? I live near Grove city, Thanks Gil.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
i'm not sure if you "have" to, i think they recommend you run at least 91 octane with the chip, but they also say you get better mpg so in the end that may all equal out. let me know if you need anything else. actually right now the chip is on ebay for $75 at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

it's got 5 days left as of monday. thanks again

Quick Reply: Getting Rid of a HyperTech Power Module