eratic studering????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eratic studering????

i have a 98-f150 wiht the 4.2 an 77k miles, great truck but out of no where i noticed a rough idel when i stopped at a light, pretty much the same feeling like when you are running out of gas, but i have plenty. but it takes off fine and will clear right up. just recently started doing it like maybe once every 2 weeks. really weird..........????????????

does any one know how much it may cost to have the gasket changed to prevent the coolent leak issue thanks!!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 01:15 AM
hey man

i once had that problem i think. i have two solutions for ya maybe, first check that all ur connections are right secure and snug. After chagning a fan belt on mine, it had knocked a connection by the air filter loose and caused it to hesitate and even stall. If its not that definitly it could be your plugs so ask ur machanic dude.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:30 PM
I've got the same studering problem that you have described. It can go weeks without doing it, or it can do it several times a day. I've got no idea what it is, and it sure won't do it if I bring it in for the dealer to look into it.

I just found out today that I will be needing to change out the gaskets in the timing cover because they are leaking radiator fluid (a lot) and even though the part is only around $70, the labor is intensive and will cost an estimated $600. Not Cool!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:16 PM
thanks

leeman125

they said that is the reason for the studering or was that just another problem of its own, i would be willing to take it on myself befor forking over 600 smackers, i am a college student and money like that comes few and far between thanks for the replies

Quick Reply: eratic studering????