Can someone explain the x-plan to me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain the x-plan to me?

So i think i can get it thru my fathers company. But is the discount 5% above or below invoice?

Old 01-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
If it's 5% above invoice it's a bad plan.

Old 01-18-2002, 09:12 PM
I bought a truck with the x-plan last august (just before everybody started dumping them). I suggest you......

Find a rig you want to buy. There is an official dealer's invoice for the vehicle. (I was able to match the dealer's invoice by building the vehicle from scratch on Ford's website). With the x-plan there is no negotiating. The dealer takes about 1-3% off the dealer's invoice, depending on the model and whatever doo-dads are included. If Ford corporate is offering any other incentives (like $1500 rebate) on that particular vehicle, you can then take that incentive also.

Note that when Ford is selling rigs at dealers invoice, the x-plan isn't quite so shiny.

Ford pays the dealer to get the vehicle to you. Don't believe any BS you might get suggesting that you and the dealer kind of split the difference on your great deal. Ford pays them a fee to get you the rig. Period. Go find another dealer.

Some dealers will shine you on when you mention x-plan. Go find another dealer. I don't believe they are mandated to cooperate with you (in my experience, some sure weren't ... like I got told they would call me back in 3 weeks when they had time to talk to me).

Some dealers really have their s*** together and know how to handle x-plan purchasers and do it well. In my opinion, dealers that have staff who know how to handle internet purchasing are pretty good to work with on x-plan. It's kind of the same kind of marketing.... one price, take it or leave it, you are welcome to a cup of black coffee from the Mr. Coffee, but don't expect a complementary designer fufu latte while you sit and BS. The dealership isn't making a bunch of money for handling your vehicle sale, so don't look for the red carpet. But do look for professional conduct.

When you talk to (or email) a dealership, tell them immediately that you are an x-plan customer. The may want to know your x-plan PIN before they will talk to you. In a lot of places, the normal sales guys don't handle the x-plan stuff and it's not really fair to use a saleperson's time only for them to find out later that the deal might get handed off to somebody else in the dealership. Everybody's got to make a living.

What I just explained to you was explained to me by the person who got me into the x-plan. My experience was consistent with what they told me.

I did a fair amount of shopping and found 3 dealerships out of 9 I nosed around at who were ready to do what I thought was a nice professional job, 2 who were ready to deliver the goods but also came on with a hint of the "us good ol' boys will split the diff" BS, and 4 who apparently had better things to do with their time.

I'm real happy with the rig and the dealership I bought from. After the sale, they continue to treat me well with follow-up and service.

If you want to custom order the new rig, I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck

Old 01-19-2002, 08:49 AM
Go Here

Click on X-Plan

Old 01-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi the x plan is 4% over a plan which is what a ford employee pays. I Just purchased a 2002 super crew for aprox 500.00 below factory invoice plus another 1000 in rebates. it not that bad.

Randy:

Old 01-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Wink X-Plan Form!

Go with X-Plan and save without the hassle of negotiating. On an older thread Mort 97Cobra posted that people who sent for Ford's Investment Package received the X-Plan form in it. I ordered one and sure enough it was in there.

The X-Plan form states right on it, "... you may pass this information on to a friend, neighbor or extended family member..." and everyone on F150Online is my friend for all their helpfull advice they have given me, so off it goes to all my friends.

It is also good for Mazda, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, and Land Rover on top of our wonderfull Fords.

If you would like the form (I scanned it into PDF so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print), which has to be submitted by the end of March but should be good on up to two purchases per year thereafter, email me acbellnj@yahoo.com and I will send you the attachment since I can't post it here.

Best of Luck,

Adam

PS. I used X-Plan and it works. I ordered and received my '02 KR and paid below Invoice!

Last edited by acbell; 02-06-2002 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Here's an update and some answers to some of the more commonly asked questions.

This X-Plan form is Ford's "Friends & Neighbors" Special Vehicle Pricing Privilege. You do not have to be associated with any organization, just give your dealer the PIN and he will verify it.

Depending on when the form is faxed into Ford, they have been e-mailing the X-Plan PIN out within one to two business days.

This form expires the end of March, but your PIN is good indefinitely or until Ford changes or cancels the program so you don't have to buy a vehicle before then. The only real restriction, not that too many of us could afford it, is you may only purchase two vehicles per year.

X-Plan is a no haggle price and you are still eligible for all promotions, rebates, and financing and there are also certain rebates that are only offered to X-Plan participants. To get a rough idea of vehicle savings alone, take Ford's Sticker Price (not sure on the other brands if the percentage is the same) and times it by .875 to get a rough X-Plan price (Only way to be sure is see the invoice with the A-Plan price, multiply by .04 and add it back to A-Plan to get X-Plan). They also wave the documentation fee. All in all, you can save thousands.

Why is Ford doing this? You have to realize that this doesn't hurt their bottom line as they move more vehicles above cost, only the dealers make less of their hold backs, but still do make money.

Helpful hints: 1) Don't tell a dealer you are X-Plan until you have everything in writing, whether this is an order or from dealer stock. They won't give you the time of day or let you test drive vehicles, will overprice any options, or will under value your trade. This happened at two dealers, so the third one, we waited until the paper work was done and then told the salesmen. He didn't like re-writing the bill-of-sale, but that is the only way to play it safe. 2) Make sure when you do tell them your X-Plan, you ask to see the invoice (they are suppose to offer to show you). It will have the "A-Plan" price in the bottom right. Then you can take 4% of that number and add it back to it to get X-Plan. I've heard some dealers may try to fudge this (so they can make more money) if you don't ask to see it.

Well that’s most of them for now. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Old 02-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Works great!

Thanks Adam! Got my PIN today. It took a week but I just checked my email and saw it in there. I was in no hurry anyway so it was no big deal.

Old 02-05-2002, 04:13 PM
I went to that link and clicked on X plan. When I entered my information it would not accept it. Any suggestions

Old 02-05-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure what you are doing exactly, but the link above was just a general information link about X-Plan. If you are trying to get an actual PIN to use, I have the form I can e-mail you and you will have to fax it in to Ford. Then Ford will e-mail you your PIN which you can then take to the dealer.

Old 02-06-2002, 09:57 AM
acbell,

I was unaware of this so thanks for the information on the X-plan. However, I was looking at the link you posted and this is one portion of it:

"How does the process work?
Step 1: Eligible employee obtains organizations's Partner Recognition Code.
Step 2: A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is obtained by calling 1-877-XPLAN-00 (U.S.) They will be required to provide your Name, Address, and Social Security Number.
Step 3: Participants visit a participating dealer and identify themselves as a Partner Recognition (X-Plan) participant. Provides the dealer with Social Security Number and PIN.
Step 4: Select a vehicle.
Step 5: Provide proof of employment by an eligible Ford partner through a pay stub, company ID, business card, W-2, etc.
Step 6: Arrange for delivery through A-Plan Headquarters of the Jack Demmer Automotive Group."

Step 5 requires that they are to provide ID of an eligible Ford partner. This looks like a problem, unless this a requirement of Jack Demmer Automotive Group and not all Ford dealers. What happened in your situation?

Thanks again,
DeaconDoug

Old 02-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Yes, just disregard that link then, because it doesn't apply to this form for "Friends and Family" and seems to be confusing more than helping. All you have to do is give the dealer the PIN to verify and if they ask how you got it, tell them you are part of the "Friends and Family Program." It shouldn't matter to them because Ford is the one who would determine eligibility before issuing the PIN, once you have it, you are good to go.

Old 02-16-2002, 03:51 PM
opps ...double post

Old 02-16-2002, 03:52 PM
whats the number to fax the form to?

Thanks

Old 02-17-2002, 09:29 AM
It tells you on the first page of the form, but it is 313-845-6073.

Quick Reply: Can someone explain the x-plan to me?