shuttering trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Last night when I got home and turned off the key in the truck - everything went dead - there was no power whatsoever - after turning the key about 8-10 times with no results I waited about 30 seconds and then tried again - truck started - the radio lost its memory, clock lost its memory - took it in to Ford this a.m. and they checked battery and cleaned terminals - said they couldn't find anything wrong !!(I know, this is off the subject of trannys but I think its part of the overall problem) Went home unhappy again and took off to the 'A's game. Half way home after the game the tranny started locking up again just like the first time and after they had supposedly repaired it twice (ten days in the shop, 4 without a car) - they replaced solenoid 1st time, didn't solve the problem, replaced the torque converter 2nd time and neither has solved the tranny problem - not to mention the electrical problem above and the fact that Ford has been unable to get my map lights working consistently since I bought the truck - Went to look at Toyota Trundras today and liked what I saw but they are a little smaller for a full size truck. Sorry to ramble on but Ford is definitely on the way out of my life. 3 times means lemon doesn't it??

Old 10-18-2000, 01:18 AM
Red face

Got the truck back on October 7th after another wait for parts. This time they said it was a wiring harness in the tranny and they thought that it probably was messed up when the engine replacement took place. So far it seems to be running OK. I just sent a letter to Ford today summarizing all the delays and problems I have had to put up with and how the Ford rep won't even call me back to hear my side of the story regarding my truck. I am asking them to buy back at retail blue book or close to that and I will order a new supercrew at invoice. I don't hold out much hope but I sincerely believe that my truck is now a bunch of replacement parts that may or may not last. I bought the new truck to be a new truck, not something that has a bunch of replacement parts because Ford couldn't get it right in 97. Will keep you posted!!

Old 10-24-2000, 07:53 PM
Duckman,
i am still thrying to figure mine out. I have been out of town the last few weeks and just have not had the time. My father , who could never feel the problem with my trans, started feeling the same in his 97 Towncar. the dealer replaced the TC and added a external cooler. If his checks out I will replace my TC with an aftermarket. thanks for the update.

Ed

Quick Reply: shuttering trans