Part Number needed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2000, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have P/Ns for the AOD-E/4R70W gears but for the AOD, the 20 tooth driven gear is C8SZ-17271-B. The 21 tooth would be D0OZ-17271-B. My '93, '96 and '99 SVO catalogues don't list any higher tooth counts, although they have to exist. Maybe the idiot at the parts counter can track those two numbers back to a source and find you what you need. As a thought, contact Baumann Engineering. Since it's a transmission related question, they can probably answer it.
Good luck.

Old 02-26-2000, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same part# that StrangeRanger listed:
DOOZ-17271-B It is PURPLE. The gears are actually color coded- I guess so the parts guys don't have to count teeth??

I bought one for my '97 Expedition w/4R70W. Unfortunately, you have the E4OD tranny. The speedo gear could be different from the AOD/AODE/4R70W series of transmissions. You can always try one and see for sure.

Neal

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2000 4x2 F150 XLT Reg. Cab LWB- 5.4L, Tow Pkg, 3.55LS, CD player,Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, Special Appearance Pkg., tinted windows, Line-X bedliner, and Prime #155 wheels.

http://members.visualcities.com/NoMo

Old 02-27-2000, 12:55 AM
Question Part Number needed...

Fustration has knocked on my door. Problem-- Local ford dealers tell me that there is no such animal as a 23 tooth vehical speed sensor gear or 22 tooth or 21 tooth or 20 tooth Which I have in my truck and In my hand while at the counter.,, Idiot's blinded by the computor light.. Have 3.55 ratio and 20 tooth gear now. Need 23 tooth gear for 4.10 ratio...My tire size is 255/70/16. Some people claim they have found these gears at the dealer. How about a part number or directions on how to go about getting this gear...They said it's not available period..What's Up..

------------------
Capt. America..,
1998 F-150 XLTSC...2WD.. . 4.10LS rear...auto E40D... 5.4L...Flairside... Ground effects... Billet Pedals... Billet Grill... Billet Brake lite... Oval Mirror... Bed rails... Bug Deflector... Wood Grain Kit...Fog lites... TPS...Velocity tube... K&N... ss Ford tag.,.Tinted Windows... overhead/floor consoles... Mood lights...Blue bulbs... Alarm...Radar...Dashmat... Fire/Ice rear window tint ...conspicuity reflectors... cd changer...mobil 1... Painted rear Drums... Helwing Sway Bar... Dual Exhaust... Halogen Back-up bulbs... clear corner lens...
Tail lens covers... Leather...Floor Mats... Seat covers...Tow Pkge...
Side window Louvers... Painted Brake calipers... Custom Captian America Paint Job...TRIPLE LED brake lights...Rain guards... Painted throttle body cover...sliding rear window...Superchip...Custom Gas cap holder...2" leveling shackels...Fox tail key chain...Clear turn signal bulbs..

Old 02-27-2000, 02:46 PM
O.K. guy's still trying to nail this down. Maybe I'm the idiot...a post by jigawatt- there is NO speedometer gear.Vss has a reluctor wheel and there is no other wheels available. Must have dealer recalibrate using Generation star tester.... Haynes shows picture of vss and does refer to the gear on the end as a reluctor wheel... post by SAL- Use NGS scan tool with green function card to modify PCM setting's...Later post by SAL- send in gem module for reprogramming $ 50.00..post by 44magnum- dealer needs to reprogram speedo module called PSOM {programable speedometer odometer module}..... Sounds like there are different way's to do it or every model and year from 97 to 2000 has changed.... My 98 has analoge speedometer...Still confused.......................................... ........................RECIEVED TWO CONFIRMATIONS THAT 44MAGNUM IS RIGHT! back to dealer..Thanks all...Capt.

[This message has been edited by CAPT. AMERICA (edited 02-27-2000).]

Old 02-27-2000, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For '97 & '98 (analog odometer), there IS a gear. I have changed the one in the Expedition.

For '99 & '00, the computer has to be recalibrated. I think "Sal" is a lightning tuner- thus works with '99+ model trucks.

Old 02-27-2000, 07:32 PM
Well so far it looks like no one on the board has actually corrected a speedometer on a 98 f-150 with an analog speedometer. Seemed like the easiest part of the gear change project. I'll wait for more post, then head back to the dealer to put up with hurry up and wait.... Capt.,Thanks for the info

Old 02-29-2000, 07:50 PM
Strangeranger---nomo---YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT!!!!PART NUMBERS ARE GOOD TOO!!! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................Capt .

------------------
Capt. America..,
1998 F-150 XLTSC...2WD.. . 4.10LS rear...auto E40D... 5.4L...Flairside... Ground effects... Billet Pedals... Billet Grill... Billet Brake lite... Oval Mirror... Bed rails... Bug Deflector... Wood Grain Kit...Fog lites... TPS...Velocity tube... K&N... ss Ford tag.,.Tinted Windows... overhead/floor consoles... Mood lights...Blue bulbs... Alarm...Radar...Dashmat... Fire/Ice rear window tint ...conspicuity reflectors... cd changer...mobil 1... Painted rear Drums... Helwing Sway Bar... Dual Exhaust... Halogen Back-up bulbs... clear corner lens...
Side window Louvers... Painted Brake calipers... Custom Captian America Paint Job...TRIPLE LED brake lights...Rain guards... Painted throttle body cover...sliding rear window...Superchip...Custom Gas cap holder...2" leveling shackels...Fox tail key chain...Clear turn signal bulbs..

Old 02-29-2000, 07:52 PM
Strangeranger---nomo---YOU ARE
BOTH RIGHT!!!!PART NUMBERS ARE
GOOD TOO!!! THANKYOU! THANKYOU!
..........Capt.---------------------------------------------------------------THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! can you tell I'm really happy...

------------------
Capt. America..,

Old 03-01-2000, 05:58 PM
Compliments of 44magnum { a good ford tech who set me straight } A 23 tooth vss gear part# 375-DOOZ-17271-B for 4.10 ratio can be found at steeda. Go to sema click on steeda autosports , click on drivetrain, scroll down... Can't thank him enough...Capt.

Old 08-31-2000, 11:05 AM
Talking

THANKS for the info StrangeRanger, nomo, & Cap. I needed the part # for a 21 tooth speedo gear & all I needed to do was a simple search. Thats whats great about this site.

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 4.6, auto trans, 2WD, ext cab, flareside, Leer cap,Teal
MODS:
3" Pro Comp spindles
285/75R-16 BFG's
Replaced chrome grill, Bumpers & Mirror Backs w/ paintable types
4.30 gears
Red Line oil in trans & rear end
Front Receiver Hitch

Old 09-07-2000, 01:17 PM
I'm glad people are doing this. When I bought my '97 I was told the only way to recal the speedo/odo was to reprogram and the Ford tech said they couldn't. After buying a tech manual I read about the VSS gear.

Could somebody please tell me what the part number for the VSS gear needed for a '97 F150 Automatic with 3.55 and 265/75-R16's.

Also can I buy this online or do I need to go to the parts counter at my friendly neighborhood Ford dealer. Thanks!

Mark D.
Rochester, NY

Old 09-08-2000, 08:17 AM
mderoller,
Go to www.finer.com/internet/pages/speedo.htm.
I think T Johnston posted this site.
The drive gear is 8 tooth. The diameter of a 265/75R-16 tire is 31.6". You should subtract 1.5" from the diameter because of the truck's weight on the tire.

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 4.6, auto trans, 2WD, ext cab, flareside, Leer cap,Teal
MODS:
3" Pro Comp spindles
285/75R-16 BFG's
Replaced chrome Grill, Bumpers & Mirror Backs w/ paintable types
4.30 gears
Red Line oil in trans & rear end
Front Receiver Hitch

[This message has been edited by d reyes (edited 09-08-2000).]

Old 09-08-2000, 08:39 AM
Ok I checked that out. 19 tooth tan gear C7VY-A. Should be an orange gear in there right now (20 tooth). Thanks, I am so glad I read this message board and didn't take the Ford Service Tech answer verbatim.

Mark D.
Rochester, NY

----
'97 (born Aug. '96) F150 XLT 4x4 SC SB 4.6 Auto 3.55 Dark Toreador Red Metallic, 60K miles

Old 09-27-2000, 03:37 PM
Just as a follow up, I wanted to say that I ordered the tan gear, got it, and installed it without any problems.

Drove it on the highway pass some mile markers a few times to check the calibration and it appears to be right on.

The gear that was in there was red in color, not orange as I had thought it would be. Didn't count the teeth but noticed that the teeth were more like fins, unlike the tan gear which has real teeth.

Mark D.
Rochester, NY

----
'97 (born Aug. '96) F150 XLT 4x4 SC SB 4.6 Auto 3.55 K&N Dark Toreador Red Metallic, 60K miles

Old 10-14-2000, 05:27 AM
Thumbs down

Well, just one question. I've never heard of subtracting 1.5" for vehicle weight.

I should have the same stock equip as Capt. Amer. (20 tooth) 4.6/3:55 etc.

I just mounted some BFG 285/75/16's.

That chart is telling my I need a 17 tooth for 33" tires and 18 tooth with 32' tires. So which is it, 17 or 18?

The 285/75/16 series tire seems to be right on the cusp. as does the 315/75/16. Should I really subtract the 1.5"'s.

------------------
97 XLT SC 3:55, 4.6L, 3.5" Fabtech coils w/arms & 2" add-a-leafs, snug lid, Tow package, 6CD, Auto, BFG 285/75/16 on stock alloys
immediate any-day-now mods: Trans-go stage 2 (using stage 1)
someday mods: 3" spindles, centerline rims with 35's
<creativepen@yahoo.com>

Quick Reply: Part Number needed...