auxiliary trans filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2000, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post auxiliary trans filter

i am refering to the spin on oil filter type kits in summit racing and jegs catalogs. anybody ever used one of these or heard anything about them? i am doing the pan off fluid change every 6k miles but am looking for all the insurance i can get.

Old 04-08-2000, 06:30 PM
Thumbs up

Howdy BigBlue, and Welcome to the board.

Check out TSB# 00-2-2

In line transmission filter kit# XC3Z-7B155-AA. It is installed after the dealer repairs/replaces a E4OD/4R100 trans to prevent repeat failures caused by solid particles that may be trapped in the transmission fluid cooler system if not properly flused.

If you have a 4R70W check with the dealer to see if the filter uses similar fittings and that it won't affect transmission operation.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, Flareside, Black, SC, FOxFO, 5.4L, 3.55, Garmin Street Pilot Color GPS

Old 04-08-2000, 11:28 PM
i have an older truck. it is an 88 f150 4x4 with a c-6 trans and aftermarket cooler.

i am more interested in the auxiliary filter kits the aftermarket has to offer and am interested in hearing from people about them.

Old 04-11-2000, 09:13 AM
Cool

Hi Bigblue,

I have found a few websites that claim offer superior filtration products for engine oil and transmissions.
www.comoindustrial.com
www.wefilterit.com

Try the Amsoil site too, they have some good products.

I have been using a product called a Frantz Filter for years, my current vehicle has 214,000 miles on it and still runs great, and does not burn oil. The oil is filtered to trap particles down to a tenth of a micron in size. These types of modification are relatively inexpensive and save a great deal of wear and tear on engines and transmissions. The difficulty can be finding a place under the hood to mount the filter assemblies.

Quick Reply: auxiliary trans filter