Torque?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque?

I have a 2002 Supercrew, 5.4 L, 3.55 rear end, FX4. I was having some fun in Breckenridge, CO playing on a 4 wheel drive trail in 4 High when I stopped for a picture. There was a small rock, and I mean small, in front of my right front tire. I tried to go and the truck would not. Gave more gas and nothing. Well, my buddies started to give me grief. So, I thought I would try 4 low and guess what, NOTHING. Would not budge. Engine would not rev and tires would not spin. I ended up backing up a foot and then idled, in 4 low, right over the rock.

Is this some kind on safety feature? Same thing happened on my 2000 Expo. Can it be turned off?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Adam

Old 09-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Were you in two wheel drive up to that point and then engaged 4x4?

Pete

Old 09-25-2002, 12:13 PM
I originally thought I was in 4 High, but, now that I think about it, I might not have been and then engaged at that point. It would make sense if that was the case since the resistance could have restricted the 4x4 from engaging. Right? Have you ever experienced this?

My only other 4x4 experience has been with older jeeps and an 81 F250. Both would have engaged and powered through without a second thought.

Quick Reply: Torque?