OD cancel light

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2000, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy OD cancel light

The OD cancel light on my shifter stalk is burnt out. It used to flash at me about a year ago, but it was very erratic and didn't always do it. I was thinking at once that it was the classic message from the EEC telling me there was something wrong. But the way it was flashing it was like it had a short in it or something. Sometimes it would just stay on like it should. I'm sure the tranny is fine, it has aver 110,000 miles now and is still working well. I'm thinking I need to replace the bulb or check the connection or something. Anyone else ever had to replace the bulb? Is it possible to do? Do I have to buy a whole new shifter stalk? It doesn't work at all now. Oh yeah, this on my 93 F-150 Lightning. Thanks, Keith Fromme

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/blown86

Old 03-28-2000, 12:25 AM
J-C
Thumbs down

If it's FLASHING, it's trying to tell you that something is wrong with your transmission.
It should ONLY be 'On' (not FLASHING) when you turn OD 'Off'.

Old 03-28-2000, 08:42 AM
Yes, the bulb can be burned out, I beleive the end cap, or trim ring around the O/D cancel button just prys off, and you can then get to the bulb, I beleive its just a standard automotive bulb. Hope this helps

------------------
BigBunnell

98 F150 4X4 XLT flareside V6 5sp K&N Flowmaster and some other goodies

Quick Reply: OD cancel light