Superchip and Factory Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2000, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superchip and Factory Shifting

I have been running the Superchip in my '97 for about six months now, and love the performance gains, especially the improvement in the way the transmission shifts . Last week I took my truck to the dealer to have the trasmission seviced (fluidand filter change). After getting the truck back, I noticed the tranny not shifting with quite the firmness it used to. Not as bad as stock, but not the firm 1-2 shift I'd been used to, somewhere in between. My question is: can the dealer make adjustments to the shift programming which may override the Superchip programming? I don't know why they would, other than to make it feel like stock again. Are there adjustments in the shift programming from the factory that the dealer can make? Is it possible they used a cheap trans fluid which changed the feel? Any comments appreciated. What do you think.

Thanks,
Steve

------------------
My Ride: 1997 F150XLT,Two Tone Moonlight Blue & Silver,3.55 LS,Class III Tow Package, 4.6L Auto, STD Cab Styleside, Alpine CD, Soundstream Rubicon, Kicker Solo-Baric Sub, Boston Pro Separates,Tinted Windows, Gibson Exhaust, K&N Filter, Superchipped, WMS Velocity Tube, Stull Billet Grille, Hella Micro DE Fog Lamps, Ford Bed Liner, Extang Black Max Soft Tonneau, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Michelin LTX M/S 255/70 16" Tires

Old 03-14-2000, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've noticed the same thing in the Expedition . A local 4x4 shop did my change, so I suspect that it's just the "new" fluid (Mobil 1). Be sure to check that they didn't over-fill the tranny.

Quick Reply: Superchip and Factory Shifting